Recommendations for gunsmith to do a bedding job?

I have found Charley Robertson to be very good at bedding (and everything else to do with customizing a rifle), and very reasonably priced and prompt:

SCORE HIGH GUNSMITHING
(Charley Robertson)
9812-A Cochiti Rd. SE
Albuquerque, NM 87123

Ph# 505-292-5532 or 800-326-5632

E-m: [email protected]
Totally agree. Charley does fantastic work & his prices are more than fair. Send it to Score High & it'll be done right...the first time.

No, I want it done correctly.
I'm fairly handy but my first skim bedding job was pretty easy and turned out much better than I expected.

There isn't much mystique to it unless you want one of the mirror finish benchrest quality full bedding jobs.

If you are handy at all, I would go for it.

I've heard good things about Marine Tex but I used Devcon 10110 and am very happy with how it mixed, applied and released (dollar store shoe polish release agent).

$750 for a bedding job 😂. Must be using Devcon Gold haha. That's literally ridiculous.

fwiw I have never used LRI, but it's not 750 for "just" a bedding job. I don't even think they will work on an inletted stock, they start from blanks and CNC out your barreled action and bottom metal and then file and sand it to be essentially seamless. They are likely going to sand/file your action also.

it's not applicable to what the OP wants because they will not skim bed anything and I'm pretty sure won't accept work with a stock already inletted.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.