Recommend which scope?

Justice1327

I am primarily a Leupold and Nightforce scopes guy. Leupold for hunting and NF for target shooting. But NF has just got too expensive for me.
Between the two SFP scopes listed below, which one would recommend and why?

Use: 600-1400 yards on steel targets with SA cartridges.

ZEISS CONQUEST V4 6-24X50, ZMOA20
Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 EBR-4 MOA

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Maybe look at trijicon, credo and tenmiles have been on sale at eurooptic.
I can strongly endorse the Trijicon Tenmile (esp at Euro Optic's sale price) after shooting 200 rounds using one while working up loads for my nephew's 300 WM. It is a lot of scope for under $1000. It tracks very accurately and has nice positive clicks on the turrets; clear, sharp glass out to the edges.

I have a Zeiss Conquest on my 7 mag and I would highly recommend it. I have a Vortex rangefinder and binoculars but none of their rifle scopes so I could not compare.

The trijicon will cut through the mirage better than the gen2 which is all I have used. I don't believe the v4 glass is as good as the gen2 pst glass but having never looked through/used the ziess I could be wrong.

Which makes a better scope for hunting out to 500 yards? Steiner or Trijicon? It will be going on a 7mm PRC bolt gun and I like the lowest power setting possible. Leaning towards the Steiner.