Rebuilding CH press

clemens

I have a old CH single stage press that is in need of some help thanks to my mothers cats:rolleyes:. Some of the chrome plating on the outside guide rods is gone plus some rust. Won't cost huge price to get new guide rods and update to newer shell holder ( it has the universal large bolt and but design) was thinking about tearing it down then use dremal tool to remove rust etc. My question is on the upper piece where dies go and lower stage. Could one dura coat or cerakote them as long as internal holes and threads are protected. Has anyone rebuilt this kind of press or any press. I have seen a CH 444 on the reloading bench thread. Mine is not the 444 yet if anyone has ideas be appreciated thanks.

I would have the press media blasted for rust removal, then you are more than halfway through prep, just inquire about having any parts/areas powder coated

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.