• Rebarrel

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Sell/trade

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Use it as a tomato stake

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
@ Quiet Texan,.
The OP,... PROBABLY HAS,.. a "Trued" Action with, the threads "Opened Up" to a larger, NON Factory Remington,.. size.
CF barrels are Nice, on a larger Caliber rifles, used for, Walking / Hunting in the "Back Country" for, Deer, Elk, and Moose where, Weight is, a "large consideration", but for, a .22 Creed.,.. I'd, PASS

Last edited:
Yeah I'll probably never jump on the CF wagon. I'll take durability and consistency any day for a working rifle. The weight savings on any reasonable use contour just aren't there either, in fact I used a light profile steel barrel for my 6.5 Creedmoor stalking gun.

Seems to me that you likely have a 6 Dasher on your hands. Maybe it won't be the speed demon that the .22 CR is, but that's a danged nice round. Is it shot out? Dies and cases come with it? I'd be inclined to shoot it as-is and find another action for your project.

Seems to me that you likely have a 6 Dasher on your hands. Maybe it won't be the speed demon that the .22 CR is, but that's a danged nice round. Is it shot out? Dies and cases come with it? I'd be inclined to shoot it as-is and find another action for your project.
Yeah it's a 6 dasher likely, I have no use for a bench rest gun. No dies or cases either. I don't shoot out to 1,000 and beyond with anything heavier than a Remington varmint profile so this baseball bat isn't really useful to me lol.

6 Dasher can be used for a lot of other things besides BR. Look into it before you discount it.

Now if the throat's gone then.......

6 Dasher can be used for a lot of other things besides BR. Look into it before you discount it.

Now if the throat's gone then.......
Oh I get it. I just don't do the 1" pipe barrels.
Plus I already have .243, 6.5 Creedmoor, .308, .300 Ham'r, and probably a few others I'm thinking of that come close to that niche. Let's not forget needing brass, I try to stick with somewhat mass produced cases. No time for forming at this stage in life.