Reamers

IMO JGS and Manson are the two best makers that you can get in a reasonable amount of time. I have reamers from Clymer, PTG, Manson, Forgreen, and JGS. The Manson reamers cut the best followed closely by JGS. JGS has the best time frame for custom reamers.

I like Manson or JGS. The majority of the 80+ chambering reamers I own were made by one or the other with a couple of Clymer reamers thrown in. I own 6 different PT&G reamers,,,, they're the only ones that have ever given me trouble. I've been chambering barrels for 23+ yrs.

Me too but mainly for me not as a business. I bought my lathe in 1992 and screwed up a lot of barrels at first teaching myself how to chamber barrels.
I had 16 yrs. expperience as a "job shop' machinist before I decided to take a couple yrs. off and go to gunsmithing school (Montgomery Community College, Troy, N.C. , Class of '93). I chamber more than just a 'few' barrels in a yrs. time.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.