Real time imagery

Discussion in 'Maps, GPS and Google Earth' started by Gerald Bridges, Jul 3, 2018.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Gerald Bridges

Gerald Bridges Member LRH Team Member

Anybody know of a GPS or phone app that has real time or recent up to date satellite imagery? I have tried the Garmin Birdseye with less than fair results. It seems almost everything I pull up is several months to several years old.

2. livetohunt

livetohunt Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

Ummm... the NSA has real time imagery. And other government agencies. I don’t think it’s available to us plebeians yet.

3. THEIS

THEIS Well-Known Member

Hi,

I am a little late but have you found more recent imagery you were looking for?
    If not, I may be able to help you. I am assuming you have a particular area you are interested in.

Sincerely,
    Theis

4. vanhornsky

vanhornsky Well-Known Member

NAIP imagery is flown every other year in most places Landsat is every couple of days. But it is low resulution. All depends on what you need.

5. deerhunt01

deerhunt01 Well-Known Member

Real time' satellite imagery with high resolution pictures is not commercially available. security reasons maybe some company provide imagery for sale by imaging companies such as Digital Globe or TerraMetrics you could look there.