Real Bear Encounters Handgun Vs Bear Spray, Handgun wins!

It's impossible to to imagine what's going to happen to you, easy to imagine what might happen to you.
We've all played out a thousand scenarios while hunting on where that buck is going to come from, but most of the time, when it comes to the kill, it's something you didn't imagine would happen.
Situational awareness will be your best friend, doesn't matter if it's a bear or a bad guy. Being prepared and efficient with whatever defense weapon you choose will be your best bet.
That said, it's pretty tough to regularly practice with bear spray. I own a couple cans, but I've never touched one off.
I'm not going to bet my life on a weapon I've never fired. If I'd never fired either one, I might lean toward spray.
I was charged by a big black bear with two cubs, lucky for me, she decided not to kill me. I just had a bow. No more of that, I always have my 10mm with me now.....bought it that very same day.
Unless your somebody who has had a LOT of experience with charging bears, don't bet your life on trying to determine a bluff charge from a real charge, shoot the bear the second you have chance. They come so fast, you can not hesitate. Don't clutter your mind with internet junk, or youtube videos of bluff charges that will make you question your choice.....choose life....If a bear is charging, shoot the bear.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts