Re-barreling Tikk t3

tikkat3270wsm

Ok, people, I have a t3 i 270 wsm and I love the cartridge. I am going to re work the rifle and re-barrel and stock the gun. any suggestions? I know that by doing this I could change calibers ,but I REALLY LOVE the ballistics and living here in PA. and what i am going to use it for(whistle pigs, and paper) would love some suggestions. Thinking of Brux barrel and there is a guy in the club that that makes great custom stocks. It's all yours. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Craiggun)

Last edited:
What bullets are you wanting to run most over all? Brux is looking like a solid choice, I'm going to go with them on the next 270 WSM barrel as well.

from everything I have found from my playing around, I am going to stick with 140-150 grain nos. ballistic tips. except for Berger they are the most constant in weight and diameter. gun)

I have a Lothar Walther barrel that is shooting very well in my .308 Win. Consistent .3-.5MOA. They use a harder stainless(550) than the normal 416 used here in the states. The tech there is willing to answer any questions you have. If you are going to stay state side, then Kreiger, Brux, and Hart get my nod also. If you want to save some money and get a good barrel, my cousin has a Douglas for his 338LM that is working quite well.

Tank

Devin at sinarms is on this forum and has reworked several tikkas for guys here. I'm going to have him rebarrel one of mine into a 338 sin.

Stocks are becoming more plentiful. Helmick Arms, Manners and XLR Industries are all good choices.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.