Re Barrel a Begara HMR Pro

LaHunter

Question for the gunsmiths: Is rebarrelling a Bergara HMR Pro (with their bolt design / shape) any more involved or difficult than a regular M700 type action? The Begara HMR has a 'floating' bolt head and a coned bolt nose. I know Bergara offers rebarrelling for this rifle, but if I were to want a cut rifled barrel from Krieger or Bartlien, I want to know what I would be getting in to. I am thinking about getting one of these rifles in 300 WM and just want to know my options in the future. Thanks.

I rebarreled a Bergara B14 for my cousin last year from 30-06 to .257 Roberts Ackley. I didn't have a print of the bolt nose or anything, so it took a little longer than a Remington to measure the action and bolt to determine what dimensions everything needed to me machined to. Other than that it was just like any other chamber job. The flat bolt nose with a cone was a little odd. I just cut the counterbore for the flat bolt nose and established the depth and diameter with .010 clearance like I would do on a Remington or clone, then I cut the angle of the cone after establishing the counterbore for the flat bolt nose. We have done several others at Pierce as well. Any good smith should be able to chamber one for you.