Re 26 in 300 Rum

I think I like these 181 hammer hunters.
Even at 100 yds, when you get 3 different charge weights spanning 1.5 gr all shoot to the same hole, that bodes well for accuracy. These shot well with r26 and h1000. I have retumbo loaded and waiting to try but am gonna load 95 gr h1000 and hunt with that. I can mess around with more loads later.

I think I like these 181 hammer hunters.
Even at 100 yds, when you get 3 different charge weights spanning 1.5 gr all shoot to the same hole, that bodes well for accuracy. These shot well with r26 and h1000. I have retumbo loaded and waiting to try but am gonna load 95 gr h1000 and hunt with that. I can mess around with more loads later.
I'd have to unpack box to look but I think I settled on 95 to 96 grs. Retumbo with them also.

Last edited:
How is your extreme spread with that load? Load Density is getting kinda low i think. RL 26 is pretty forgiving in that aspect however it seems. Ive had low ES when using in 7 mag.
Sorry took so long. I lost my data on that load from the crono. It was a little high. I think my SD was 12 -15

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.