Rangefinding binoculars - Leica Geovid 10x42 R vs …

2ndson

I have the Leica 10x42 hd-b 3000 and have to say if you want good glass the Leica is it. Good glass lets you spot your target, as well as gives you mirage for a wind call. And the Leica has amazing quality glass - I compared it with my Swaro SLC 10x42's and it was a bit sharper in the center than the Swaros, though the Swaros have a slight advantage in low light. The Sig glass is not even close.

The range finder on the Leica is also first class - very accurate and very fast. From a tripod or stable hold you can range very small targets.

The Leica will give you pressure/temperature you can feed into a free phone app up front as well as range and angle adjusted range. It just does not take that long to dial in the range or just refer to a dope chart.

JustMe2

Every time my hunting buddies look through my Leica Geovid 10x42 HD-B their comment is always, "Wow" and they start passing it back and forth between them in a sort of disbelief. I also own the Swaro 10x42, but my go to is always the Leica Geovids. They are definitely not too heavy. I use a harness and carry them all day long on my chest without noticing any discomfort. Any binocular carried around your neck with the straps that come in the box will feel heavy after awhile, even the 8x20s.

Northkill

LRH Team Member
I haven't pulled the proverbial trigger on a pair, yet. I really like the Leica 3200.com's, but they are in the price range of the Zeiss. I think for the more affordable, the Sig with BDX or the new GPO's would be what I would look at. Although the new Vortex would be worth consideration, simply for...yes, the warranty. Yes, you would probably need it. But lifetime warranty on a pair of optics combined with electronics is worth considering. GPO may have the same though.
Having tried a number of different options and considering the specs, I went with the Leica 3200's and never regretted it. Fantastic glass and low-light performance. What really makes me happy is the ranging performance. Gives me quick ranges on less-reflective real-life targets very quickly and at incredible ranges. The ergonomics suit me perfectly as well. Would get another in a heartbeat. Not a $1,500 optic either, but when you put a dedicated range-finder and a decent bino together, you'll be close to this anyway.

SilentHero

Having tried a number of different options and considering the specs, I went with the Leica 3200's and never regretted it. Fantastic glass and low-light performance. What really makes me happy is the ranging performance. Gives me quick ranges on less-reflective real-life targets very quickly and at incredible ranges. The ergonomics suit me perfectly as well. Would get another in a heartbeat. Not a $1,500 optic either, but when you put a dedicated range-finder and a decent bino together, you'll be close to this anyway.
How do you think the 3200's compare to the 2700's? Is is worth $1000?

morgaj1

LRH Team Member
I have a Geovid HD-R 2700 and am crazy about it. Glass is great, rangefinder is top notch and I like the built in thermometer and barometer. I carry it in a Marsupial pack and weight is not a problem.