Leica Geovid 10x42 HD "Rangefinding Binoculars"

I own a pair of the 10x42 leica BRF. They may not have the ranging of the swaro, but to have the bino's and rangfinder in one is worth it to me. I will never go back. I have ranged elk at over 1200yds in low light. if it's bright midday sun i have to range a tree or rock or the ground next to the critter if its over 800yds. anything under and I have not had any problems. I love the clarity of the glass and not having a seperate tool to carry, so it's a trade off I am willing to accept. I have hunted anything from coyotes to deer and elk and sheep. archery and rifle. I am happy with them. they have been trouble free for 5 years now. I used to have a pair of 8x42 leica before I bought these. I like the 10s way better. of course i am old and blind. lol

Here, here! Don't know what i'd do without mine either. They're heavier than most other binocs, so you need to purchase a bino sling system that goes over your shoulders instead of neck. 'Twas hard to pull the trigger on them (10x BRF's) but haven't regretted it once.

I have had a pair for almost three years now, the only complaint I have is that the flippy front lens covers are ****, both mine broke, Euoro optic have em for $20, hmm price paid I woulld have thought Leica could come up with a slightly more robust covers.

That off my chest, they are brillient, I take mine everywhere,even shooting bunnys with a .22, theyre so clear, crisp I belive I shoot more rabbits because of them.

Longrange big game priceless, mine are the HD 1400s and Ive picked up game @ 1480 yrds, go figure?

Like every LRF they suffer in bright light, rain and fog.

With out a doubt theyre the best thing I have ever ever purchased.

I will leave you with this

A good friend worked at a very good camera shop for around 40 years(hes retired now),I went to seee him to buy a small camera, he stocked Leica gear.

"Bob, what you rekon about this Leica stuff? "

His reply was two words

"THE BEST!"

300WSMMAD

the best lense cover system I have seen is that on the pentax DCF SP's the leica setup works but for me after about 2 years I break the lense covers. leica actually sent me some new ones free a while back. I broke my geovids and had to do a couple coyote stands without them. instead using some 8x nikon monarchs, I felt very very lacking, the 8x magnification instead of the 10x on the geovids was very noticeable. I could never ever go back

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.