Rangefinding binoculars - Leica Geovid 10x42 R vs …

Every time my hunting buddies look through my Leica Geovid 10x42 HD-B their comment is always, "Wow" and they start passing it back and forth between them in a sort of disbelief. I also own the Swaro 10x42, but my go to is always the Leica Geovids. They are definitely not too heavy. I use a harness and carry them all day long on my chest without noticing any discomfort. Any binocular carried around your neck with the straps that come in the box will feel heavy after awhile, even the 8x20s.

I haven't pulled the proverbial trigger on a pair, yet. I really like the Leica 3200.com's, but they are in the price range of the Zeiss. I think for the more affordable, the Sig with BDX or the new GPO's would be what I would look at. Although the new Vortex would be worth consideration, simply for...yes, the warranty. Yes, you would probably need it. But lifetime warranty on a pair of optics combined with electronics is worth considering. GPO may have the same though.
Having tried a number of different options and considering the specs, I went with the Leica 3200's and never regretted it. Fantastic glass and low-light performance. What really makes me happy is the ranging performance. Gives me quick ranges on less-reflective real-life targets very quickly and at incredible ranges. The ergonomics suit me perfectly as well. Would get another in a heartbeat. Not a $1,500 optic either, but when you put a dedicated range-finder and a decent bino together, you'll be close to this anyway.

I have a Geovid HD-R 2700 and am crazy about it. Glass is great, rangefinder is top notch and I like the built in thermometer and barometer. I carry it in a Marsupial pack and weight is not a problem.