range finder for target work ?

kidcoltoutlaw

i have a place to shoot but i need the range.i could range half of it then range the other half.or range it in 3 parts. would a cheaper say 400 or 500 hundred dollar model work for this.say if i range it on a sign,thanks,keith

Hunter

I've ranged to well over 1300 yards with my inexpensive Bushnell Yardage Pro by setting up red reflectors on a backboard. Works good for target work. Better than waiting for the range finders they put in the M1 Abrams to come down to a working man's price (wouldn't that be nice).

CatShooter

Kid...

The Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 is only about $300. It will read past 1000 on very reflective targets. Get some 2'x2' cardbord, and cover it with aluminum foil... the foil has two sides, one shiny and one frosty... use the frosty side out, and you will be able to read this all the way out.

CatShooter.

kidcoltoutlaw

that sounds good,thanks.i also thinking about the wild it 500.00 and they say its good for 20,000 not that i could hit anything that far away,thanks,keith

ewallace

The wild is the way to go will range from 300 meters to 20000 meters my 2 cents
Crow Mag

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce