Range finder

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by catfire, Apr 20, 2014.

1. catfire

catfire Member

Need a real good range finder for long range hunting....any ideas or exeriences...

2. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

I got a Vortex Ranger 1000 not too long ago. Closest range it will range is about 10 yards. Haven't had the chance to hunt with it yet, but I have played around with it a little bit, and it seems to be a very nice and accurate RF for the money.

3. JackinSD

JackinSD Well-Known Member

Try the search functioin at the top. There are about 50 posts with the exact same question.

4. Mikecr

Mikecr Well-Known Member

+1 JackinSD
    It really begins with your range of $$$

I used the Leica RangeMaster 1200(7x) for years and it never let me down. But I had always wished it was binocular, so one day I bought a Geovid 10x42 and sold off the 1200.
    The Geovid is bulky, heavier, and way more expensive, but a combined bino has definitely improved my ground hog hunting.

If Leica ever did simply add another tube to their 7x LRFs(making it binocular), I would sell off the Geovid and go that way for the reduced weight & bulk. Their glass is good enough and 7x is good enough.
    But that's just me,, I'd probably be their only customer with that..

5. haffyti839

haffyti839 Well-Known Member

G7 br2 can't be beat for quality or performance if money isn't a ?