Quickload Data Needed!

Tumbleweed

Hey all, I would really appreciate some help if someone is willing to run a couple powders for me on Quickload. I want to make a comparison with these powders to see if Vihtavouri is worth trying. Thank you!

P.S. I'm sure Quickload doesn't list the 245EOL so maybe use 240SMK?

300 RUM
245 EOL Berger
4.1" COAL
RL33
Fed 215M
32" Barrel

300RUM
245 EOL Berger
4.1" COAL
Vihtavouri 24N41
Fed 215M
32" Barrel

used the 230 A-Tip and changer the weight to 245 to keep the longer bearing surface. both powders are very close in pressure with RL-33 giving a little more velocity for the same charge but 24N41 will have a better case fill and burn a little cooler

used the 230 A-Tip and changer the weight to 245 to keep the longer bearing surface. both powders are very close in pressure with RL-33 giving a little more velocity for the same charge but 24N41 will have a better case fill and burn a little cooler

Awesome, can you post the numbers that QL spit out? Thanks!

I never post numbers way to many different variables but if you start around 90-91 you will be safe and should max somewhere around 97 maybe a little more.
using your settings 97gr will be between 63500-65000 psi
you know the standard rule about working up for your gun

I never post numbers way to many different variables but if you start around 90-91 you will be safe and should max somewhere around 97 maybe a little more.
using your settings 97gr will be between 63500-65000 psi
you know the standard rule about working up for your gun

I already have a load with RL33 and know intimately what this rifle will put up with. It's far from SAAMI in almost every way. I simply want to see a comparison between the numbers of both powders. If you're not comfortable posting the quickload numbers that's fine, but that's what I need. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.