Quickload help needed

When you say bullet length, do you mean the projectile length, or cartridge over al length? I never change the bullet length to something different than what the bullet file suggests. If you do measure your bullet lengths chances are you will find surprising variances with hollow points, even Berger match bullets. Ballistic tips are probably better, but I would go with the suggested lengths in the file.
For this exact reason right here I wish they would change that to be CBTO instead of COAL.

For this exact reason right here I wish they would change that to be CBTO instead of COAL.
Yeah, CBTO is the best (only in my opinion) way to gage cartridge length. The problem is the available gages are not all exactly the same and do not see the ogive the same. Some are better than others, but not everyone has the best. So for comparing length they are problematic, still it would be better for Quickload to use CBTO as the primary dimension, and COAL as a reference based on manufactures advertised dimensions. I'm with you!