Question on Remington 700 Sendero 300 Ultra Mag.

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Tyler Sims Outfitting, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Tyler Sims Outfitting

Tyler Sims Outfitting <strong>Official Sponsor of LRH</strong>

I am currently looking at buying a sendero 300 RUM. I am writing this forum to ask the gunsmiths out there who have bought this gun, how well is it built? What is the best groups you have seen at 100 yards? I can't decide to buy this gun for $1100 or build a custom 300 rum? Any suggestions?

2. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

The Sendero is one of the better shooting factory rifles sold. and some will shoot 1/4 MOA others
    may have trouble shooting 1MOA with out lots of ammo testing.

They are basically good rifle and if they don't shoot well they are a fine candidate for a custom
    barrel because they have everything needed to build a custom rifle on.

The main difference between a custom rifle and the Sendero is the odds of getting a good shooter.

Any custom rifle should shoot 1/2 MOA or Better. Factory rifles, even the Sendero change the odds
    for getting a good shooter to about 30 to 40 %.

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

3. chronic

chronic Well-Known Member

I own that rifle in 300 RUM. It shoots Barnes TSX 180g 3359fps, best group is 3/8" 3 shot. It will also shoot SMK 168g at 3499fps best group also 3/8" for 3 shot. Love that rifle ....I have killed a trophy caribou at 130yds and a Blue wolf at 60yds with it. I paid $575 for it used at my local gun store.

chronic

4. AZShooter

AZShooter Well-Known Member

I would be more inclined to buy a cheaper Rem 700 in 300 RUM and choose the stock. The Sendaro package is a bit heavy for carrying around. I know I had a 7 RUM for a while. I would also install a Wyatt's mag box.

5. chronic

chronic Well-Known Member

I did exactly that. Purchased a SPS, put HS stock on it, had 3 position safety installed, coated it diamond kote. Put Leupold QD rings, with a VXL 4.5x14. The Sendero is just a long range fun gun now.

chronic

6. roninflag

roninflag Well-Known Member

my hunting friends and i have quite few senderos. one of the 300 rum would easliy shoot 1/2" at 100 with 180 accubond. 96.5 re-25.

7. Rottenron

Rottenron Well-Known Member

I have 300 rum and sent it in to have it customized. If i had it to do over again i would go with the custom in stead of the factory.

8. roninflag

roninflag Well-Known Member

TSO- What are you shooting at??

9. Tyler Sims Outfitting

Tyler Sims Outfitting <strong>Official Sponsor of LRH</strong>

Elk and Deer. I have a 270 wsm neck down to 6mm that I use for antelope.