Question on Remington 700 Sendero 300 Ultra Mag.

Tyler Sims Outfitting

<strong>Official Sponsor of LRH</strong>
I am currently looking at buying a sendero 300 RUM. I am writing this forum to ask the gunsmiths out there who have bought this gun, how well is it built? What is the best groups you have seen at 100 yards? I can't decide to buy this gun for $1100 or build a custom 300 rum? Any suggestions?

I am currently looking at buying a sendero 300 RUM. I am writing this forum to ask the gunsmiths out there who have bought this gun, how well is it built? What is the best groups you have seen at 100 yards? I can't decide to buy this gun for $1100 or build a custom 300 rum? Any suggestions?

The Sendero is one of the better shooting factory rifles sold. and some will shoot 1/4 MOA others
may have trouble shooting 1MOA with out lots of ammo testing.

They are basically good rifle and if they don't shoot well they are a fine candidate for a custom
barrel because they have everything needed to build a custom rifle on.

The main difference between a custom rifle and the Sendero is the odds of getting a good shooter.

Any custom rifle should shoot 1/2 MOA or Better. Factory rifles, even the Sendero change the odds
for getting a good shooter to about 30 to 40 %.

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

I own that rifle in 300 RUM. It shoots Barnes TSX 180g 3359fps, best group is 3/8" 3 shot. It will also shoot SMK 168g at 3499fps best group also 3/8" for 3 shot. Love that rifle ....I have killed a trophy caribou at 130yds and a Blue wolf at 60yds with it. I paid $575 for it used at my local gun store.

chronic

I would be more inclined to buy a cheaper Rem 700 in 300 RUM and choose the stock. The Sendaro package is a bit heavy for carrying around. I know I had a 7 RUM for a while. I would also install a Wyatt's mag box.

I did exactly that. Purchased a SPS, put HS stock on it, had 3 position safety installed, coated it diamond kote. Put Leupold QD rings, with a VXL 4.5x14. The Sendero is just a long range fun gun now.

chronic

my hunting friends and i have quite few senderos. one of the 300 rum would easliy shoot 1/2" at 100 with 180 accubond. 96.5 re-25.

I have 300 rum and sent it in to have it customized. If i had it to do over again i would go with the custom in stead of the factory.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.