Question on Proof Barrels

Has anyone looked at or used Carbonsix carbon fiber barrels?

They look similar to Proof Research CF barrels.
I've got a 26" 1:8 twist of theirs on my 7 STW. It shoots tiny groups. They use McGowen barrels.

I bought a cooper firearms with a proof research carbon fiber barrel in a 28 nosler by far the most I ever spent on a gun would I do it again yes.

Attachments

• 20190914_103651.jpg
    20190914_103651.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 118
i have a proof on a 7mm/300prc works great but cleaning is a bear patches come out blue for cooper an black for powder never had a barrel that is so dirty after 14 rounds so u make the choice think you could have got one cheaper have a ridgline an it put aboutt1.5 pds to gun not worth the price

i have a proof on a 7mm/300prc works great but cleaning is a bear patches come out blue for cooper an black for powder never had a barrel that is so dirty after 14 rounds so u make the choice think you could have got one cheaper have a ridgline an it put aboutt1.5 pds to gun not worth the price
The copper fouling can/may be attributed to the bore finish. Powder fouling may or may not necessarily be a barrel quality issue. I've noticed that I can run the same powder in two different bore diameter cartridges and sometimes it's dirtier in one than the other. I think bore size and barrel length can sometimes make a difference in how dirty or clean a certain powder burns.

How is that 6.5SLR. I was throwing around the idea to do a 6SLR soon. Also the weight reduction can be something people don't realize. If you are running a sendero or bull contour you really aren't losing any said weight unless you planned on running the same contour in a steel barrel. People some times just don't think about that.
My daughter loves it. She has been shooting it for years. First one ran a 140 HVLD @ 2850 and she took a few deer with it (532 & 637), but shot it a TON. Burned that barrel out after 2500-2800 rounds (lost track of round count), and rebarreled it to the same chambering. She has taken a pronghorn @ 391 and a huge mule deer buck @ 454 with it last year after the rebuild. Now shooting a 130 OTM @ 2925 suppressed (2901 w/o suppressor).

Think .260 Rem w. neck/shoulder of a 6.5x47L. Super easy to form cases too. Run a parent case through the die, and Viola', 95% formed case. Use a R-P or Win case, and it is a no-turn process.

When you guys are talking about all your custom builds , you can speed a lot if you want, but are you typically in that 1000.00 for action , 1000.00 for barrel, and 1000.00 for stock , and then cost of smith ? Or can a person do some of this himself ? Thanks.

Unless you are a gunsmith with machining experience and A lathe and many other tools no I don't believe you can do this yourself with that being said There are many operations that the owner can do such as bedding or scope mounting etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.