Muzzle brake threads on proof barrel

IMG_20191003_091150171_HDR.jpg

Sendero profile, 5/8-24 or 3/4 thread, Sendero lite, go with 5/8-24. Here is a sendero type profile with a T3 on a .338 Norma.
20180608_222155.jpg

And here is a MBM Lil Beas 3 port on an .820 diameter muzzle, turned down to profile. On a Carbon barrel, the lil beast 4 or 5 port would be perfect, depending on where you put your muzzle and it's diameter, you may need to step up to the standard beast brake. MBM brakes are also offered in titanium as well, and much cheaper than others. I payed like $150 for my 5 port beast titanium on my 9 lb 1 oz .338 Norma, sending 300 Bergers at 2700 fps recoil is about like a 12 lb .308 win.
20170505_140506.jpg

Last edited:
7 mag and will do 1/2x28 for that one.

1/2-28 is for .22 cals. I've threaded a few 6 mm barrels for that so they could use my .556 Lane suppressor but there's little meat left on the barrel. I've gone to 5/8-24 on everything except .22 now.

You might consider a titanium side port brake from Christensen Arms.
I have the Terminator, Baby Beast and the Christensen Arms on my rifles. I like the Terminator for SS # 3&4 barrels and the Titaniun side port brake from Christensen for Carbon Fiber barrels. The ports on both are very similar. The other advantage of the Ti version is limit weight on the end of the barrel.

I put an area419 sidewinder brake on my proof barreled 7mm
I've got 3 Area419 brakes..........the Hellfire. They are awesome. I also have an APA Microbastard brake which is very good too.
I'm pretty sure all the Proof barrels are prethreaded for 5/8x24 tpi............at least that's why Sendero contours are

I've got 3 Area419 brakes..........the Hellfire. They are awesome. I also have an APA Microbastard brake which is very good too.
I'm pretty sure all the Proof barrels are prethreaded for 5/8x24 tpi............at least that's why Sendero contours are
Mine was cut for 3/4x24tpi threads. No point removing more barrel material than necessary

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts