Muzzle brake threads on proof barrel

huntfish7mm

I have a Sendero proof cf 28 nosler and want to put a brake on it. Leaning towards the terminator t3. What threads are most common? My smith can do any but not sure if one is better than the other. Also putting a t1 on my t3x 7 mag and will do 1/2x28 for that one. Any other brakes I should be looking at? From what I've seen on YouTube and forums the terminator gives the most recoil reduction. Thanks!

I have a 4 port Lil Beast on my 28 Nosler. With a Proof barrel you probably can have a seamless one. Measure the dia of the muzzle of your barrel and shoot Nathan a email.

Send MBM an email. He's very knowledgeable and helpful. He's tested so many brakes. He won't recommend something that won't work. I have two MBM and they are great. Good price as well.

I'll also recommend a beast brake. no reason not to go bigger, get a 4 or 5 port beast brake. in this case more is better. He'll probably be able to make you one that is the same diameter or slightly larger so it can be blended. I use a couple 5 ports and a self timing 3 port, they're all fantastic. Get one with at least 5/8-24 threads, and it'll be usable on more than just the one gun. He also makes a Titanium Beast, might be a lightweight option for you.

I have a 3/4-24 on my 30 cal. 5/8-24 on all my 7mm & under. 5/8-24 is highly common. I have two Christensen slayers which are highly effective at reducing recoil. Heavy muzzle blast from them on a 26" but seems more tolerable on a 28". I have a Nemo arms titanium muzzle brake on a 26" 7mm rm. I like it, effective recoil reduction & minimal muzzle blast.

Recoil cut down quite a bit?
Yes gun is very mild to shoot. If you keep the barrel cool the 28 Nosler will last a while. If you run it hot it won't. I killed a coyote at 715 yds with mine. That is a #5 Rock Creek Barrel with 4 port Lil Beast Brake.
IMG_20191003_091124370_HDR.jpg

Yes gun is very mild to shoot. If you keep the barrel cool the 28 Nosler will last a while. If you run it hot it won't. I killed a coyote at 715 yds with mine. That is a #5 Rock Creek Barrel with 4 port Lil Beast Brake.View attachment 173879
That's a beautiful rifle. I like the stock. Do you have e more pictures of the camo on the stock?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.