Question for the pros on here.

When it's your job to kill coyote that are killing livestock you do what you need to do to kill the ones that others have educated . You open their belly and just squeeze it out into what ever it is you are putting it in preferably in a glass jar with a good fitting screw on lid , not plastic . I like a 223 with sierra 55 grain hollow point boat tails running at right at2900 fpsmv . they just get stiff legged and fall over . the vast majority of my shots are well under 100 yards most average 50 yards . It was enjoyable for me but not a hobby it was a job that needed done and I didn't mind others that wanted to just do it as fun except cleaning up after them during lambing season got aggravating and very challenging at times . I was taught that there is a difference between bait and lures , most people consider bait to be a food base and a lure to be scent based . I learned from some people that are long dead now and had to make due with what they had to work with seldom going to town and not being able to buy bait or lures . .

I was just having fun with you. If there was a coyote that I really wanted to kill, I would start digging in coyotes colons myself. I can tell you are experienced because you are putting it in a glass jar. I would make the rookie mistake of putting it in a cheep zip lock baggy. At least I learned a new trick that I had never considered before. I appreciate sharing your experience with me and everyone else.
I've been mostly shooting 40gr Nosler ballistic tips from my 223 with a muzzle velocity of 3900 fps the last couple years. It isn't a great long range combination but I don't use it for long range shooting.

Last edited:

Recent Posts