A big boy here.

The beaver were mostly only a problem in the mountains or the irrigation ditches along the river . I did have a couple of guys out north that had some beaver cutting their cotton wood trees down . I took a 52 lb , weighed , beaver out there .
Did you notice the beaver tacked to my bait tree, I shoot a dozen a season on the river behind my house. I sell the furs, usually.

I did notice it . We have some nice beaver here also . Their fur is good till around April here if they haven't been fighting and chewing each other up .

They are like fish, the 30 pound king salmon that actually weighed 20. Scales don't lie only the hunter or fisherman!😂 I have killed only three legitimate 200+ dressed whitetails and all weighed on scale. My biggest was 224 and I wasn't even sure he was 200 since he was so long and dimensional so he hid his weight well. I thought maybe 190 and when scale hit 224 I even double checked it. Body weights are hard to tell.

Try to guess the weight of a person? Oldest gag in books. Just don't try to guess weight of girl friend or wife or both! That can be deadly!

They are like fish, the 30 pound king salmon that actually weighed 20. Scales don't lie only the hunter or fisherman!😂 I have killed only three legitimate 200+ dressed whitetails and all weighed on scale. My biggest was 224 and I wasn't even sure he was 200 since he was so long and dimensional so he hid his weight well. I thought maybe 190 and when scale hit 224 I even double checked it. Body weights are hard to tell.

Try to guess the weight of a person? Oldest gag in books. Just don't try to guess weight of girl friend or wife or both! That can be deadly!
Guess the weight on this whitetail, taken near me in Ohio, not me in the picture, but a novice deer hunter beginners luck.

Attachments

• gw.jpg
    gw.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 59
That's a hard one he's standing back from the deer and the camera is pretty close to it an old trick to make the animal look bigger then it actually is but a nice one at any rate .

I did notice it . We have some nice beaver here also . Their fur is good till around April here if they haven't been fighting and chewing each other up .
I'm going to post a picture here of how many beavers I killed in one brutally cold winter here, have to dig it out of storage, so many I made the wife a full length unsheared coat. Along with a racoon jacket, red fox, coyote and mink.

Attachments

• bc.jpg
    bc.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 63
I'm not sure but would say in the area of 200lb's I haven't been around nearly the number of dead deer as I have coyote , fox , bobcats ect. as I never hunted them or ate them as an adult . And I have found that the more you are around them and weighed them the more accurately you can judge their weight . It's like judging the weight of pigs or lambs if you haven't been around them it's hard to say what their weight is .

Last edited:
I'm not sure but would say in the area of 200lb's I haven't been around nearly the number of dead deer as I have coyote , fox , bobcats ect. as I never hunted them or ate them as an adult . And I have found that the more you are around them and weighed them the more accurately you can judge their weight . It's like judging the weight of pigs or lambs if you haven't been around them it's hard to say what their weight is .
Just messing with you weights are as stated hard to guess, the first buck not mine was field dressed at 232 a big deer nevertheless, I've never seen a hog whitetail bigger weight wise than the one taken here five years ago, and probably never will, and trust me this is big buck country, when deer season comes, in about three weeks what I'll show on trail cams will shock many. Check this out July trail cam.

Attachments

• parma.jpg
    parma.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
And that for sure will be interesting to see thank you in advance . There are many times that I wish that I had been more like you and recorded my experiences and animals with pictures more . I did have some pictures but they aren't to be found . Like the female coyote I caught by the lower jaw with a number 3 coil spring trap or the fox that I caught with a 110 conabear around the head . Like so many things in all peoples lives there are so many things that most wouldn't think possible but do happen .

And that for sure will be interesting to see thank you in advance . There are many times that I wish that I had been more like you and recorded my experiences and animals with pictures more . I did have some pictures but they aren't to be found . Like the female coyote I caught by the lower jaw with a number 3 coil spring trap or the fox that I caught with a 110 conabear around the head . Like so many things in all peoples lives there are so many things that most wouldn't think possible but do happen .
I have a picture of about everything I've taken , upwards of 1000 yotes, pictures taken with the old polaroid's, one day when I get time I'll post some crazy stuff. These pictures encompass thirty years worth ,hopefully another thirty, but in my line of work who knows.