Question for the Hammer Guys

antleredacres

I'd like to try the 6mm 55 grain Hammer Hunter in my new to me 6x45. Can't find any load data at all for that combo. Has anyone tried it that can share their experience and load data? What would be the preferred powder? Thank You.

Very limited data available, and only for the 70 gr bullet. You can look at .223 data and 51gr Absolutes as a reference. Refer to Hammer Hunter and Absolute Hammer Load Data on this Forum.
Please post your results and rifle data when done! You can be first!

I'd like to try the 6mm 55 grain Hammer Hunter in my new to me 6x45. Can't find any load data at all for that combo. Has anyone tried it that can share their experience and load data? What would be the preferred powder? Thank You.
For the 6br I loaded 55 grain hh's with a max load of LT32. I would look up powders you have available for 6x45 and any 55 grain bullet. Start modest if you're worried about pressure. With the grooves in the shank the pressure doesn't seem to be a problem unless you really toast them. They shot fabulous out of 16" shilen xp100 12 twist

No experience with the 6x45, but you will need a fast burning powder. I was in QL doing some research and decided to look your combo up. The only powders I found that reached anyway near the max pressure of 55,000 psi without a significantly compressed load were H4198 and N110.

H4198 @ 100% fill rate is 24.2 grains at 49,300 psi
N110 @ 93% fill rate is 20.3 grains at 54,900 psi