Question about Wild Rangefinder

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by travis20032003, Aug 10, 2003.

1. travis20032003

travis20032003 Member

My gf just bought me a Wild Rangefinder and I was wondering if there was anyway to modify a camera tripod so I could use that instead of using the one that came w/ the rangefinder. It's heavy and so bulky. I read somewhere that someone bought a plastic or metal camera tripod and used that but I'm not sure how to modify it.

And is there anything I can buy/do to improve the looks of the leather on the outside cases?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

There's a reason for the weight of the tripod--an aluminum one would have to be really sturdy to hold the weight of the Wild. I refinished the wood one and it came out beautiful--under that green paint is a beautiful oak tripod with brass fittings.
    Spray on silicone boot conditioner works good for the leather.

3. Randy in Va

Randy in Va Well-Known Member

Was it purchased from Deutche Optic? How much was it and what is the condition?

Looking for another optical rf now.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I was wondering if you arnt interested in the tripod that came with the range finder if you would like to sell it. i have a barn stroud but the markings on it lead it to believe me its a wild. anyways if you are interested in selling it i would like to buy it. i use a sturdy aluminum or even a Surveyors tripod for mine. jlmills147@att.net

5. travis20032003

travis20032003 Member

Yes, it was purchased from Deutsche Optic. $499 plus $20 for shipping and handling. $519 total. It was a Grade A. The outside case is a little scratched but the rangefinder is in excellent condition. Everything works great. The 2 tripods that came w/ it work fine, I'm sure I read somewhere that someone modified a camera tripod and it was lighter and quicker to set up. I'm just not sure how they modified it [​IMG] ...I would recommend the Wild, it's easy to use once you get the hang of it and works great. [​IMG]