Question about old shotgun

t_bball89

For christmas i would like to get my dad a shotgun similar to the one his father owned and brother pawned off some 30 years ago. All i know about the shotgun was it was either a remington or winchester. It was loaded through the bottom and also ejected through the bottom. It held either 6 or 8 rounds. I'm thinking it was a remington model 17. However, I am not sure if there are any other models with this description. Any help you be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

That's what I'd say it was if it for sure was a remington or winchester. The Remington model 17 in 12 ga and in a 20 ga. is a model 10. Ithaca model 37 is the same way.

Winchester never made a bottom dump pump. Remington made a few. 1st was the Model 10, then the Model 29. The Model 17 ONLY came in 20ga. All of these where dropped and the tooling sold to Ithaca.:cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.