Question about Labradar at the range

The Oregonian

Will be using Labradar for the first time in the next couple of days...have a question about taking it to the range, There is a setting to fine tune sensitivity of picking up shots - I obviously want it to pick up mine but not others....does anyone have any feedback on what setting helps with that at the range? Not usually someone in the next bay or two but you never know.

Thx

Last edited:
Everyone I ever talk to about the lab radar said they don't bring it to the range anymore. At least when people are there. It picks up others bullets, some say muzzle blast. It's a pain from what I gather.

i have used mine at the range many times with no problem. Mine is set to trigger at muzzle blast and it is set to the most sensitive setting. 20" behind muzzle and 15" to the left. I can then operate buttons while shooting. Get yourself a high capacity battery and use it through the USB. Good luck

I got one of the first LabRadars and have used it extensively at a busy range for every shot fired. I have never had a shot register, from another rifle.

If you have doubts, say with a magnum on the next bench, just press the bottom button to set it on standby. Just remember to get the unit active, before you shoot.

It's critical you get your settings and muzzle position to sync. Muzzle brakes and cans need special positions. I tape a short section of a straw on V-notch to aim. You're gonna Love it. Hope you got the battery pack.

I use mine at the range 100% of the time. Super easy setup, plug in you projectile weight distance from muzzle and fire away. I bet mine has tracked well over 2000 rounds to date. I've owned it about 3 years and its the best reloading time saver I've ever owned. Two thumbs up for the LabRadar and do take it to the range, you're going to love it.

Last edited:
After the trip to the range where i couldnt pick up a single shot, i was frustrated to say the least. I was looking to aim the unit at the target after every shot for a while but eventually gave up. The directions said I should be able to see the screen from my shooting position - I wondered how that could be possible with the unit ahead of me, about even with the end of the barrel, when the screen was facing the target.

It never occurred to me until the ride home that I had to have had it facing 180 degrees the wrong way. I could have easily seen the screen if it was facing away from the target, and I am sure that is why it never picked up any bullets. Lesson learned. :)

After the trip to the range where i couldnt pick up a single shot, i was frustrated to say the least. I was looking to aim the unit at the target after every shot for a while but eventually gave up. The directions said I should be able to see the screen from my shooting position - I wondered how that could be possible with the unit ahead of me, about even with the end of the barrel, when the screen was facing the target.

It never occurred to me until the ride home that I had to have had it facing 180 degrees the wrong way. I could have easily seen the screen if it was facing away from the target, and I am sure that is why it never picked up any bullets. Lesson learned. :)
Lol, you will have better luck next time. What part of Oregon? I live in the Portland area

Now that's funny as hell! I've made some boo-boos in my years, but you win the prize. At the least, you had the balls to own up, it speaks well of you.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.