Quality Brass for RUM's?

DixieFreedom

Quality Brass for RUM\'s?

The question I have about the RUM's, (and it lingers as a doubt in my mind) is this- if the Remington Brass is poor, what do you do? Is anyone else making RUM brass yet? So if the brass is the variable that is throwing off your accuracy you are kinda screwed... correct?

What are you all's thoughts on this? Is remington brass just a ok?

With a tuned RUM perhaps a 338... are you fellows able to tune up a rifle to 1/2" groups?

Thanks again...

Re: Quality Brass for RUM\'s?

No one else is making brass for the UM as far as i know
Except for the factory RP crap. You just have to suck it up know what I mean. My .300 will shoot .5in with them and I don't shoot Comp. so there ok for what i use them for. Ultra Mag brass does't last very long either 3 good full house loads and the primer pockets are wasted!! you will get 4 or 5 reloads if you don't load them real hot. It would be nice if Norma or Lapua started making brass for them but then again you go from paying 45$ for 100 cases to 150$ or more for 100 cases. I know 338 Lapua cases are not cheap I think there like a 1.50 or 2.00 bucks a case X 100=$$$$$$$$$

But cost wise if you trash every 3rd RP case vs use every Lapua case......

I guess I'll have to look into the FC cases also.

I wish I had seen this a month ago! I just layed on 300 of the REMINGTON crap'ola, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I knew it was crap before hand, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif just didn't know there would be any choise. I know with out even trying it that this FERERAL stuff will be a hands down winner! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The rem brass is not too bad I and 5 or more friends are shooting sub sub min groups with it.The only trouble I had with the rem stuff was bad primers in some loaded rounds that were prchased to attain brass initially. I shoot Lapua
brass in my 22br. why don't they make some RUM brass??

I know what you mean about Rem brass but so far I have shot about 8 times with the same Rem 338 ultra brass and have them loaded again with no problems. I even wrote Rem about their brass and asked how long it would last for the 338 RUM and they said they did not know. So far it been good. I resize after each time I shoot also.1/2 groups are the norm for me at 100 yds.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.