Quality Cartridge brass - 7stw

This brass is currently not available, but if/when they make more, is it good high quality stuff ?
I do not have hands-on experience with 7 STW, but I have with .30 Gibbs without any issues. I am happy with it. Are they good high-quality stuff? Qual Cart quality is no Lapua, ADG, etc., but they are good.

If you do not mind not having the proper head stamp, Peterson makes a blank belted brass you can form, https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/88972.

Problem with nickel is that it does scratch your dies and the nickel does/will peel off.
I spent big $$ on nickel safari brass in 338 and 375 some years ago…it also cost me 2 die sets that were CUSTOM grade. Never reloaded or bought another nickel case after that, so be warned.

Cheers.
Thank you sir. I learned something new today! Cheers

Just my thoughts on nickel make me decide to avoid them. When a round is fired the case will expand to the chamber. The case will seal the gases. I feel that brass will be more efficient without the nickel hard coating.

And what about neck turning?

Some may say that they feed easier because they are a bit slicker.

I do not have hands-on experience with 7 STW, but I have with .30 Gibbs without any issues. I am happy with it. Are they good high-quality stuff? Qual Cart quality is no Lapua, ADG, etc., but they are good.

If you do not mind not having the proper head stamp, Peterson makes a blank belted brass you can form, https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/88972.
Yes, this does work but you need patience and go slow lol, but when your done you get some of the best brass that I have used yet 😉

Yes, this does work but you need patience and go slow lol, but when your done you get some of the best brass that I have used yet 😉
Exactly! It is not for everybody, but I am thankful Peterson did, as it is very versatile. I wish it had been available when I first built my .30 LARA. I have plenty of brass now but I will go the Peterson route when I run out.

Still waiting to here from him, but it's the weekend so hopefully tomorrow. Here's his contact information if anyone needs it.

Pete Cardona
President / CEO
thumbnail

Quality Cartridge
P.O. Box 445
Hollywood, MD 20636
www.qual-cart.com
301-373-3719 ph/fax

Isn't the parent 8MM RM? If so, why not use 8MM RM brass to form?

Isn't the parent 8MM RM? If so, why not use 8MM RM brass to form?

Yes, and 8MM RM parent case is .375H&H. He can also use .300H&H, .416 RM, and .358 STA. It is a tad shorter but .300 WBY can also be used. I went through this with my .30 LARA,