7stw

Ok all!!! I took a rifle I don't use to my dealer today and said would trade $50 difference on a new Remington long range in my choice of caliber! ! So my biggest question is to build my STW do I need a ultra mag or just get it in say 7mm mag? Also correct me if I'm wrong but for $580 I figured it worth buying and rebarreling it. It's got a a B&C M40 stock I can run with it for a while and good bottom metal , trigger will have to go though.

It should be a 1:9 twist, but I shoot 180's out of my 9.25" twist with no problems. So, either way, you should be fine.

I'd try that barrel out first, unless you just don't want it. I think it will work well like it is, with a quick . You don't need an ultra mag action. A regular 7mmRM can be converted with a simple rechamber.

It should be a 1:9 twist, but I shoot 180's out of my 9.25" twist with no problems. So, either way, you should be fine.

I'd try that barrel out first, unless you just don't want it. I think it will work well like it is, with a quick . You don't need an ultra mag action. A regular 7mmRM can be converted with a simple rechamber.

Ya I will try that I just wish it would say "STW" on the barrel ...

Just a note - because things are always changing, Berger is going to bring out their 195 gr 7mm and Matrix currently makes a 190. Both are awesome in 7stw. If you are buying a new barrel, maybe a faster than 1-9 twist should be considered, just to give you options.

MOA rifles is running a 1-8 for these new bullets on all his new rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.