'Psycho' squirrel on 48-hour rampage leaves 18 people injured

shooter53

The grey rodent has been nicknamed Stripe after the evil character from Gremlins
Stripe initially appeared tame but then turned rogue. Inset, the injuries caused to one of his victims (Image: SWNS)
A squirrel has been attacking people in a Welsh town, injuring at least 18 people over two days.
The grey squirrel has been called a "psycho" and named "Stripe" after the worst of the Gremlins. He indiscriminately attacked pensioners, children and pets, launching itself at people as they put out bins and even chasing people down streets.
Some were left bitten, bruised and bleeding. A few even needed tetanus jabs. Writing on Facebook, one resident said: "Warning, vicious squirrel that attacks. Has bitten me, attacked my friend.... and multiple other people. It's also attacked my two Bengals, who fear nothing, and my neighbours' Bengal cats. Dare not go out of my house,
Another woman posted a picture of her bloodied hand, saying, "This squirrel is not very nice at all, just had me when collecting my recycling bags. Let's just say it had me good and proper, little s***."
Forty eight hours of tyranny was finally brought to an end on Monday when it was caught in a humane trap by 65-year-old Corrine Reynolds. Known locally as the "bird lady", she had been feeding the animal since the summer. Despite befriending the creature, Corrine decided to act after being bitten on the hand herself.

She said: "I only got bit once but he had suddenly taken to seeing me and literally legging it down the garden up my leg and on my shoulder. To be honest, he was giving me cause for concern with his unusual behaviour.

"Then I saw all the Facebook posts and realised it was actually dangerous. I know there are differing views on me capturing it but when you can't go out in your back garden for fear of being attacked, it's not good.

"I have an elderly lodger on blood-thinning drugs and a two-year-old grandson playing in the garden too, so I couldn't risk injuries to either of them."
After she failed to contact animal rescue charities, Stripe was put on death row. Corinne, who works as a home carer, asked vets to put him to sleep, as it is illegal to release grey squirrels back into the wild.

She then launched a fundraising appeal to pay for the £110 fee.

"For me to want to put to sleep an animal was a step not taken lightly," she said.

"But I'm not putting my grandson at risk of getting bitten by a squirrel who just lunges for an attack." you can keep your coyotes weve got killer sqirrels lol

Ingredients
  • 2 Squirrels skinned, gutted, and cut into pieces
  • 1 Bell pepper
  • 1 Onion
Directions

Cut up squirrels and Pepper and Onion, Put in a pan and bring to a boil, simmer for one hour, then roll in flour and put in skillet, with a small amount of oil of choice, spinkel lightly with garlic salt, brown on both sides slightly, and serve with you favorite veggie, (suggestion, sweet potatoes) enjoy.

Ingredients
  • 2 Squirrels skinned, gutted, and cut into pieces
  • 1 Bell pepper
  • 1 Onion
Directions

Cut up squirrels and Pepper and Onion, Put in a pan and bring to a boil, simmer for one hour, then roll in flour and put in skillet, with a small amount of oil of choice, spinkel lightly with garlic salt, brown on both sides slightly, and serve with you favorite veggie, (suggestion, sweet potatoes) enjoy.
Also great in pot pies. It appears after disarming most of the UK it has increased the flight not fight response. Proud to be an American.

Also great in pot pies. It appears after disarming most of the UK it has increased the flight not fight response. Proud to be an American.
Hmmm pot pie. I always had them fried. The Brits have some good fighters. Unfortunately self preservation seems to be a dying characteristic all over the world including here. Hence Brad Paisley lyrics:

"With deep spray-on tans and creamy lotiony hands
You can't grip a tackle-box"

We need squirrel free zones ;)

The grey rodent has been nicknamed Stripe after the evil character from Gremlins
Stripe initially appeared tame but then turned rogue. Inset, the injuries caused to one of his victims (Image: SWNS)
A squirrel has been attacking people in a Welsh town, injuring at least 18 people over two days.
The grey squirrel has been called a "psycho" and named "Stripe" after the worst of the Gremlins. He indiscriminately attacked pensioners, children and pets, launching itself at people as they put out bins and even chasing people down streets.
Some were left bitten, bruised and bleeding. A few even needed tetanus jabs. Writing on Facebook, one resident said: "Warning, vicious squirrel that attacks. Has bitten me, attacked my friend.... and multiple other people. It's also attacked my two Bengals, who fear nothing, and my neighbours' Bengal cats. Dare not go out of my house,
Another woman posted a picture of her bloodied hand, saying, "This squirrel is not very nice at all, just had me when collecting my recycling bags. Let's just say it had me good and proper, little s***."
Forty eight hours of tyranny was finally brought to an end on Monday when it was caught in a humane trap by 65-year-old Corrine Reynolds. Known locally as the "bird lady", she had been feeding the animal since the summer. Despite befriending the creature, Corrine decided to act after being bitten on the hand herself.

She said: "I only got bit once but he had suddenly taken to seeing me and literally legging it down the garden up my leg and on my shoulder. To be honest, he was giving me cause for concern with his unusual behaviour.

"Then I saw all the Facebook posts and realised it was actually dangerous. I know there are differing views on me capturing it but when you can't go out in your back garden for fear of being attacked, it's not good.

"I have an elderly lodger on blood-thinning drugs and a two-year-old grandson playing in the garden too, so I couldn't risk injuries to either of them."
After she failed to contact animal rescue charities, Stripe was put on death row. Corinne, who works as a home carer, asked vets to put him to sleep, as it is illegal to release grey squirrels back into the wild.

"For me to want to put to sleep an animal was a step not taken lightly," she said.

"But I'm not putting my grandson at risk of getting bitten by a squirrel who just lunges for an attack." you can keep your coyotes weve got killer sqirrels lol
Nutty old lady and a crazy mean old squirrel.... Hmm. Quite the pair.

Seems the brits have lost their sense of ingenuity.

Last summer I was standing on the front porch smoking a cigar when I saw mice eating the bird seed that hit the ground. I broke out the slingshot and shot a few. Great pass time while having a cigar in the evening.
Red , that's the funniest thing I've read in quite a while….. setting in a tree stand deer hunting, now with tears running down my face from laughing so hard! Happy New Year!