Need advice from tech savvy people on numbers I’m getting

I use the the MS and GeoBallistics and the "trued stats" are real-time accurate. The MS gives an actual MV and the GeoBallistics gives you the trued velocity, using your given atmospheric condition. I also use a Kestrel 2700, redundantly, to back up data.
I was having a like thing happen, a while back, after I got a load for my new 6mmCM/110SMK, where the Trued Velocity was almost 200fps faster, than the MV and the actual BC, because of the actual atmospheric conditions at the time of test, not theoretical data.

I use the the MS and GeoBallistics and the "trued stats" are real-time accurate. The MS gives an actual MV and the GeoBallistics gives you the trued velocity, using your given atmospheric condition. I also use a Kestrel 2700, redundantly, to back up data.
I was having a like thing happen, a while back, after I got a load for my new 6mmCM/110SMK, where the Trued Velocity was almost 200fps faster, than the MV and the actual BC, because of the actual atmospheric conditions at the time of test, not theoretical data.
Just got off the phone with joe at geoballistics according to him with what I told him with that much variance between the two on the long 22 caliber bullets we probably would have to tweak the bcs to make it come out right because of the long skinny bullet past 600 yds changing going to try that and see how it affects things haven't had to do that in the past David

The frustration your going through is exactly why I only use Chronos as a starting point and not and end all.
No matter what test all the yardage you plan on shooting and whatever X amount of clicks on you scope to achieve it thats what counts as long as its repeatable.

It's most likely your scope.... I'd do a tall paper test to see how the scope tracks....

...and adjust the values in your ballistic calculator to see if it agrees with the magnetospeed.

I have been working on "truing" for a while, little by little so I can try to understand the maffs. I have been trying to narrow down/weed out the "errors" and the "It's most likely your scope..." hit me like a brick. Had not gotten there yet, thanks Timnterra!

I already saved the cardboard, next range session I am making myself do the tall target test...

Hope this helps david g ranes too, didn't mean to side track if it did.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.