Problems ca10 (ar10) 6.5 creedmoor

willie16wild

I am having problems with my Christensen Arms ca-10 6.5 creedmoor. I am new to ar10s and ar15s. I don't know everything. I am having trouble with it feeding. I shoot once then it does not chamber another round. The trigger always goes off but it does not chamber a bullet. It ejects every case just fine but I gotta pull the hammer back every time to chamber another bullet.

I bought factory ammo to just test it because I didn't have everything to reload yet. I tried 120gr, 130gr, and 140gr bullets.

Actually the 140gr bullets did feed and recycle all just fine. I had problems with the 120gr and 130gr.

Probably not getting enough gas to insure the bolt is getting back far enough to strip a fresh round from the mag. The bolt can eject a fired case without going all the way back. Load one round and fire it with a mag in to see if the bolt is coming back far enough to lock back the bolt on an empty mag.

Probably not getting enough gas to insure the bolt is getting back far enough to strip a fresh round from the mag. The bolt can eject a fired case without going all the way back. Load one round and fire it with a mag in to see if the bolt is coming back far enough to lock back the bolt on an empty mag.

ok i will definitey try that. your like the 4th person that has said that to me.

Do as bullfrog suggests, if the bolt does not lock back there are several things that you would want to check if it does not. Probably the two easiest would be to make sure that the BCG is properly cleaned and lubed and the other is to make sure that the gas block is properly aligned and has minimal blow by.

Assuming this is a factory new gun try running your bolt carrier fairly wet until you break in the upper receiver, usually takes a few hundred cycles to begin to break down the finish inside where the bolt carrier rides. And you may pull out your buffer spring and lube it as well. If that doesn't do it then its likely a gassing issue.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.