AR10 6.5 Creedmoor - anyone shoot one?

Yup. I Built myself one using the 2A lightweight stuff and some Ti parts. Came in at 5.6lbs if I recall. I complicated (with LW parts) the finickiness of mine but it runs well now once I got the buffer, spring, gas all settled out.
Was the barrel from 2a and what barrel length is it? I had their 65creed 20" barrel on that same type build, but changed it for a 308win barrel of the same length.

Was the barrel from 2a and what barrel length is it? I had their 65creed 20" barrel on that same type build, but changed it for a 308win barrel of the same length.
It is a faxon 16" (gunner). It was lighter than what I could find at the time from 2A and thicker profile.

I just built a 6.5 Creedmoor on a Armalite AR10 platform. Anyone shoot one? I put an adjustable gas block on it as I hear that they can be a bit finicky to setup. I will see. Planning on seeing if I can get Nosler VFDs to work through it. Waiting for the weather to get warmer before I get that opportunity - 8" of snow here. Most of you will say why when a bolt gun works better and is lighter. Something for me to try. Nice thing is that I can switch to my .308 match upper it a few seconds if I want.

David
Yes

What barrel length do you have?

H4350 and FED210s are a decent combination for mine.

I have talked to folks that use 6.5 STABALL and CCI milspec primers and they report good results. Have not tried it myself.

Mine is by no means a tackdriver but it will do a consistent 1MOA.

Good call on the adjustable gas block. It will keep your brass from getting beat like the French Army.

Yes

What barrel length do you have?

H4350 and FED210s are a decent combination for mine.

I have talked to folks that use 6.5 STABALL and CCI milspec primers and they report good results. Have not tried it myself.

Mine is by no means a tackdriver but it will do a consistent 1MOA.

Good call on the adjustable gas block. It will keep your brass from getting beat like the French Army.
22" but I will probably also run a SilencerCo Hybrid 46 supressor with it. Figuring on using H4350 with Remington 9 1/2 primers.

I just built a 6.5 Creedmoor on a Armalite AR10 platform. Anyone shoot one? I put an adjustable gas block on it as I hear that they can be a bit finicky to setup. I will see. Planning on seeing if I can get Nosler VFDs to work through it. Waiting for the weather to get warmer before I get that opportunity - 8" of snow here. Most of you will say why when a bolt gun works better and is lighter. Something for me to try. Nice thing is that I can switch to my .308 match upper it a few seconds if I want.

David
Hi David,

Mine is on a DPMS platform, my upper was way over gassed, and the adjustable gas block(one of the last things I did) was the part that really made it nice and reproducible as far as accuracy and precision. Other significant changes along the way swapped out the trigger from the standard lower kit for a 3 lb trigger. On the recoil system in the stock switched to a silent recoil system, and found a good brake to put on mine instead of a flash hider. Once I got it running right it is very close to my Bergara HMR as far as accuracy. I have not been able to shoot through the same hole yet at 100 yards with the AR10 need to reload for it. It was a fun project. The only real issue I still have with mine is an occasional small pin like dent in some of the brass.

Hi David,

Mine is on a DPMS platform, my upper was way over gassed, and the adjustable gas block(one of the last things I did) was the part that really made it nice and reproducible as far as accuracy and precision. Other significant changes along the way swapped out the trigger from the standard lower kit for a 3 lb trigger. On the recoil system in the stock switched to a silent recoil system, and found a good brake to put on mine instead of a flash hider. Once I got it running right it is very close to my Bergara HMR as far as accuracy. I have not been able to shoot through the same hole yet at 100 yards with the AR10 need to reload for it. It was a fun project. The only real issue I still have with mine is an occasional small pin like dent in some of the brass.
Currently have mine set up with a RRA two stage trigger. Bad juju to mention the name RRA in IL after they basically shut down most of the small guys there. I will actually run a brake under the suppressor. Takes some of the pressure off the suppressor and makes them last longer. Going to have to wait a bit more since it will be in the teens here. I can wait.

my 6.5 AR aero upper/lower w/Krieger 1-8 22" SA adj gas block vg6 300 blackout MB with a diffuser cage and magpul prs stock jp silent spring.yes, its heavy around 13#

Attachments

• 20190116_194511.jpg
    20190116_194511.jpg
    605.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 20211207_204629.jpg
    20211207_204629.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
  • 20211207_204622.jpg
    20211207_204622.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
Hi David,

Do you get the pin like dent in the case neck?

Do you get the pin like dent in the case neck?
Yes have tried multiple times to try to get rid of it had thought the cause was from the spring of the cover port spring, had shaved down the end of the spring but the dent is still there. I don't want to remove the cover but that was my next step.