Primers and case question

Berrnard

so these are old primers my dad had lying around. spent their life in a dehumidified basement. about 150 total. im used to CCI, so the color threw me off. these good to shoot or should i not risk it?

IMG_0474(1).JPGIMG_0473(1).JPGIMG_0472(1).JPG

next the brass
3006 once fired, lubed and into the sizer. five of them got marks
not enough lube or too much? the dies are old, they are grandfathers but are rcbs

IMG_0479(1).JPGIMG_0478(1).JPGIMG_0477(1).JPGIMG_0476(1).JPGIMG_0475.JPG

As far as the brass it could be too much lube. That maybe the right color for those primers since they are Magnum. Maybe someone who has some can chime in.

What Victor said. Use less lube after cleaning the dies. If it feels like too much pressure to run the brass into the die a little more lube may be required. Winchester primers are brass colored. What kind of lube do you use?

Like Victor said above,you probably have some dried old lube in the die. Dissamble clean (any solvent will work,I like G96 just for the smell) ,I swab mine out with a wadded up paper towel. Reassemble and lube cases sparingly. If you get dents at this point , you used to much lube. If you are new to loading,you'll get the hang of it. You have to use enough so they don't stick one.

Still have most of the brick of them. Guy I know who doesn't hunt was going through his fathers stuff after his death. Found a un opened brick and gave it to me. That was about ten years ago. I've used them sparingly. Excellent primers. Most of what I use to play with and load for other people is CCI. Had about ten thousand of them, at one point.

What Victor said. Use less lube after cleaning the dies. If it feels like too much pressure to run the brass into the die a little more lube may be required. Winchester primers are brass colored. What kind of lube do you use?
well it was my first time with this lube. the frankford spray. im not sure about it, gets everywhere. but could be the directions too, says to spray the cases and die, dry for 1m and start. and/or the fact i have never personally cleaned that die set
i think i may stick to my rcbs pad

well it was my first time with this lube. the frankford spray. im not sure about it, gets everywhere. but could be the directions too, says to spray the cases and die, dry for 1m and start. and/or the fact i have never personally cleaned that die set
i think i may stick to my rcbs pad
I have some of the Frankford spray lube. I stand them up on a plastic tray to spray them. Let them dry about three to five minutes. Or just get some new stuff.