Case trimming question

MT257

I just recieved a case trimmer for Christmas. I am wondering if when trimming brass if it matters if one needs to be trimmed and the other has not quite stretched that much. Would you trim them all at the same time or just which cases that need to be trimmed. Thanks for any input!

I just recieved a case trimmer for Christmas. I am wondering if when trimming brass if it matters if one needs to be trimmed and the other has not quite stretched that much. Would you trim them all at the same time or just which cases that need to be trimmed. Thanks for any input!

Kind of depends on what you are shooting. Plinking, Hunting, Long Range shooting.

What I do is keep brass together according to number of times shot. I don't trim till it needs in and then I trim it all together. Actually I will anneal and trim. I want all the brass in a group the same length.

Kind of depends on what you are shooting. Plinking, Hunting, Long Range shooting.

What I do is keep brass together according to number of times shot. I don't trim till it needs in and then I trim it all together. Actually I will anneal and trim. I want all the brass in a group the same length.

Attachments

• a9cc6155-f27f-4013-830a-373fa278ce92_zps44fa0f82[1].jpg
    a9cc6155-f27f-4013-830a-373fa278ce92_zps44fa0f82[1].jpg
    15 KB · Views: 72
All of my 30 caliber bottleneck cases are a few thousandths shorter after firing. Full length sizing them makes them longer by a thousandth or so than what they were before firing. I trim 'em back every 10 or so firings.

I've seen no difference in accuracy across a .010" spread in 30 caliber case lengths.

I will trim all of them at the same time just to keep uniformity. I appreciate the input!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.