presure sign question

duner

I recently took up handloading an d loaded 180 grain tsx bullets for my 300 rum.
i worked up to the max load and backed off a little and never saw any presure signs or problems
180 tsx
rem brass
100 grains of retumbo

when i set it up and tested the rifle all my shots were ten minuits appart. this last weekend i had to shoot the gun 7 times in a couple of minuits. The last shell expanded slightly and stuck in the chamber. could this have been caused by the gun being hot. Should i back off a grain? on all the shells i have already loaded ? no access to a chronograph.
when i loaded these i was comparing them to factory loads that i have with the same bullet. i still had less kick , less bang, and was hitting 1/2 lower on the target

thanks

[ QUOTE ]
The last shell expanded slightly and stuck in the chamber.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you say this do you mean bolt lift was really heavy and the bolt would not slide back or do you mean the bolt lifted fine, bolt slid back but the case was still in the chamber?

The bolt did open and the case remained in the gun
after i taped out the cartridge i could see a spot on it where it tried to puyll out the shell.
i tried a different fired case in the gun and it inserts and removes fine. then i put the case that jamed back in and once again couldnt get it out.
i have not tried any other fired cases yet.
when i tapped the case out it took a couple of taps
by the way this is a rem 700 lss with a sendero barrel

Do you weigh every charge? Are you positive extra powder did not get into the problem case? Is the powder in your loads all from the same lot#?

If you start second guessing yourself pull them and start over.

It shouldn't be from being the last shot.

Remember you can't grow new fingers (or worse), be safe.

I weigh every charge exactly the same...
no doubts no questions.
I am planning on pulling all my bullets and dropping 1 grain

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts