Pressure Points, Wo Doggies

Triple BB

I've been shooting a 300 RUM for about 11 years. Given its just a hunting rifle, I considered my grouping adequate out to 300 yards. My 200 yard groups have always been something between 2 - 3". Given some grouping inconsistency and trying a bunch of other things to improve them, my gunsmith suggested several years ago to add some pressure points to the stock. Well after doing some searching and reading here the past few weeks, I decided to add a pressure point. I used a piece of folded up tin foil and slipped it in. I shoot a 180 grain Nosler Accubond at 3445 fps. Went to the range today to try things out. First two groups at 100yds were 3/4" and 1". Moved things out to 200 yds. My first shot was 1 1/2"'s high and 3/4" to the right. My second shot was half in the first shot hole. The third was a 1/2" higher than the first. Couldn't believe a 5/8" group out of my hunting iron. Thanks to you guys who have posted in the past about pressure points. Should've listened to my smith years ago...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.