Preferred barrel blanks info

Just a follow up on preferred barrel blanks…
Customer service was excellent and the barrel turned out great. I finally made it out and got a few rounds down the barrel. This 3 shot group was rounds 9-12. This was a seating depth test/ barrel break in with a mild load of 7828, 147 eldm, adg 6.5 saum brass. Needless to say I think I have something to work with. Thanks to everyone who had good reviews for pbb, made my choice easy.

Tikka t3 ss action factory trigger
Pbb .750 straight taper gap 6.5 saum 8 twist 25"
Lri tikka magnum bolt spiral fluted
Tikka wood stock steel lug bedded
Sportsmatch rings
Sightron stac 3-16 zero stop
Very nice, I know you have to be happy. On the .750 Taperless barrel, what was the barrel weight?

Nice group. I'm sold on their barrels. Here's a 5 shot group from my 18" 308. I've not had time to do load development on my 300WSM yet.
6C4BE2EE-1DB3-4751-A0F4-3AD40AD40621.jpeg

I have one in 338 SS, 7 SS, and am waiting on a 270 SS. My experience has always been top notch giving me accuracy in the .5" or below.

Very nice, I know you have to be happy. On the .750 Taperless barrel, what was the barrel weight?
I don't remember off the top of my head but it wasn't much more than the t3 lite contour. I'm thinking 26" would have been around 3.25lbs. I honestly thought it was going to be big and chunky but it balances extremely well. With a little stock work the barrel fit like a champ and looks like it was designed from the factory that way.

Preferred made a mistake on one of my barrels, they didn't do the threads right. I called and got the owner and he talked it through with me and decided I knew what I was talking about. I sent the barrel back, he called me and admitted their error fixed the issue and overnighted the barrel back. It's a great shooter and I was very pleased with how how well they did with fixing their issue. They are my new top choice for the time being.

Recent Posts