Preferred barrel blanks info

Highvoltage

Looking at purchasing a shouldered tikka barrel and wanted to see if anyone had any first hand experience with this company and what the accuracy was like, customer service etc. Thanks in advance.

I have two. One is a second hand 7-08 barrel that is 20", about 150fps faster than it should be and puts bullets where it should. The other is a 22BR that I got for this Christmas and it shoot very well. I am shooting 20 round continuous groups into 1.5" at 100 yards, and the flyers are me. It has 300 shots on it as of now. I have been using it for scope testing. Customer service was great, I knew nothing about 22BR and Bryce walked me through their reamer specs and gave me the info to copy and paste over to Forster for my sizing die. I am really happy.

There are some groups on page four https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/bushnell-lrtsi-4-5-18x44-drop-test-mini-eval.252043/page-4

I also do not really do load development; I made up ten rounds .5 gr apart, and just picked the widest node and an arbitrary .05 jump, so things could potentially be more accurate for someone who wanted to muck with different bullets, seating depth, etc.

They are my go to barrels. I have 3 (300 WM, 338 SS, 7mm SS) and they have all been lights out shooters. Both Sherman barrels are shooting 5 shot groups under .65" (I am not a sub moa shooter by any means) and the 300 WM barrel is hovering at .75-.85".

Excellent CS!
Last 2 barrels from them, 300WSM and .270Win (infamous .270 Thors Hammer). Both barrels were ordered with specific throat dimensions and they nailed it. Fit and finish perfect.

They seem to run faster for me. Do not copper easily. PB will listen and offer suggestions.

Talk to Bryce and he will answer any questions you might have. Right now, they are my go to for next project.

Sounds good you guys have me the confidence to make an order. Thanks everyone!
They've gotten better it sounds like
I had a bad barrel a few years ago, and the replacement tikka prefit had to go back for rechambering since the fist was so far out of spec.
Now it shoots around .7

Looking at purchasing a shouldered tikka barrel and wanted to see if anyone had any first hand experience with this company and what the accuracy was like, customer service etc. Thanks in advance.
I also own a couple of their shouldered barrels for Bighorn Arms TL3 actions, a .222REM that shoots very well and 6.5-284 Norma, I just received it and haven't shot it yet.

Sounds like they have gotten better from when they first started making their own.

I'd like to see some bore scope video of the quality of the rifling and chambering. I seen a video that was taken down and the bore was as wavy as a Savage production barrel. I asked a while back and they said they didn't lap their barrels and only would guarantee 1 MOA with them shooting it. For the same cost as a Shilen or Criterion I haven't taken that leap of faith yet.

MLN - there are quite a few darn good bbl makers out there, Have built many a custom piece and not one of my bbl ever given me any second though have used Hart x 2, Shilen, Douglas x 3 Sako SS bull bbl x2 , and one or three others, never a bad one. The gun shoots better than you can !!!! what you after 1/4 " @ 500 yards ???

MLN - there are quite a few darn good bbl makers out there, Have built many a custom piece and not one of my bbl ever given me any second though have used Hart x 2, Shilen, Douglas x 3 Sako SS bull bbl x2 , and one or three others, never a bad one. The gun shoots better than you can !!!! what you after 1/4 " @ 500 yards ???
I agree, lots to chose from. Based on the one barrel I saw, bore scope footage, I wouldn't spend my money there. That was in their beginning and it sounds like things may have changed. I was just wondering if any of the satisfied customers that posted on this thread have an bore scope pictures or video?

I have 2 barrels from them and they shoot under 1/2 MOA. I have a barreled action 300WSM on the way also. CS is excellent also. Go for it and don't look back. My 308 stacks them in the same hole. Talk to Bryce, stand up guy!