Preferred barrel blanks info

I only heard the following outside of this thread:

Crazy long wait time (may have changed)

A few people with problem barrels that had to be sent back or replaced.

Percentage wise, more good reviews than problem ones.

I will gladly buy from these folks again at some point. And I had to deal with a small issue on a 7BR barrel they made for me a couple years ago. The guy who took my order over the phone wasn't working there any more by the time I got my barrel, and Bryce stepped in and did everything he needed to, to make it right. (Previous guy left out some of my details about freebore) Sent it back for an easy fix to extend freebore and cost me a week and a half that I wasn't shooting during the winter anyways. Sure, it didn't need to happen, but it could have happened anywhere. The way Bryce made it right is what sold me on positive feedback. Now, if the barrel didn't shoot, I would have chocked it up to a bad experience and moved on. But I'm happy with it and will continue to compete with it, and when the time comes I need another, I will certainly look their way. I'll throw in a couple of 3 shot pics at 200yds. during load development for fun. Just a couple of many, but typical.
EA9314F5-8D6E-4349-B887-2B0713BBC514.jpegF499193A-5074-4499-9436-5DCAF369C205.jpeg6D22EA19-C3A5-45FA-ABBD-D8062C54637F.jpeg

Sounds good! Did you guys get those barrels lapped? What contour did you use for hunting? I was originally thinking tikka lite contour but now I'm wondering if I should go heavier.

Here is the 300WSM I just got from them on Tuesday. These guys sell the complete line of Curtis actions also and the Kelbly Atlas action. That's the Matte blued finish on the barrel and matches nicely with the Nitride on the Kelbly. This is a 22", 810 straight taper 10 twist with straight flutes and a 5/8-24 threaded muzzle. Great service. My Grayboe Trekker and bottom metal will be here today and I'll have it together later this evening. TriggerTech special going on it.

70AA4BA3-CC1D-4C72-AB75-E9F6357530B9.jpeg
8D55A3F7-1F85-424C-9E05-6760E9BCAC11.jpeg

Customer service is very good. Talked me through what I needed. Appreciated that aspect. Barrel was delivered in about a month.

It ia a 338 Sherman. I am not seeing anywhere close to the velocities posted on here. Accuracy is not very good either. Still working through it before I have it scoped to see if it is internal or what.

If it is the barrel, I will engage with them. Bad ones happen. I'm sure they will make it right. Based on their customer service alone, I would use them again.

Here is the 300WSM I just got from them on Tuesday. These guys sell the complete line of Curtis actions also and the Kelbly Atlas action. That's the Matte blued finish on the barrel and matches nicely with the Nitride on the Kelbly. This is a 22", 810 straight taper 10 twist with straight flutes and a 5/8-24 threaded muzzle. Great service. My Grayboe Trekker and bottom metal will be here today and I'll have it together later this evening. TriggerTech special going on it.

View attachment 344428View attachment 344429
What is the weight on that barrel, I have been looking at there Taperless for my builds?

He told me their .75 taperless at 26" was 3.27 lbs. I planned on ordering a tikka lite contour but now they have me thinking since there's roughly a 1/4 lb difference

They did a 260 rem. for me.....hell of a shooter 1/4 or better @ 100yds. They did not lap barrels at that time but i see it is an option now. If this powder etc. shortage straightens out i will be getting a 243Ai from them also. I am very happy with mine.

Just a follow up on preferred barrel blanks…
Customer service was excellent and the barrel turned out great. I finally made it out and got a few rounds down the barrel. This 3 shot group was rounds 9-12. This was a seating depth test/ barrel break in with a mild load of 7828, 147 eldm, adg 6.5 saum brass. Needless to say I think I have something to work with. Thanks to everyone who had good reviews for pbb, made my choice easy.

Tikka t3 ss action factory trigger
Pbb .750 straight taper gap 6.5 saum 8 twist 25"
Lri tikka magnum bolt spiral fluted
Tikka wood stock steel lug bedded
Sportsmatch rings
Sightron stac 3-16 zero stop

Attachments

• 107028DF-D454-4BDB-8250-5BA85E9A5638.jpeg
    107028DF-D454-4BDB-8250-5BA85E9A5638.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 96