preasure problems with 7 ultra

[QUOTE/] I have also lapped the heck out of the bore using jb bore paste hoping that this will help and smooth out the throat. the weather is supposed to cool down in the next couple days and will hope to get out to the range and see if any of this has helped.

Chris[/QUOTE]

Chris, How much lapping? (Aprox # of strokes and how many jb applied patches)and was it just in the first 3-4 inches of the bore, throat, or the full length of the bore?

I'm still studying the effects of JB use with copper fouling and would like your results. After your next range session, if possible, check you bore for copper fouling before and during cleaning, if you don't have a scope try and determine if the barrel takes longer to remove all the copper or not. Please post your results and the amount of lapping you did to your bore.

Thanks, Jim

Retumbo has a reputation for doing strange things in some rifles and can go from
mild to hot in 1/2 grain increases.

It is attractive because of the velocity increase over most other powders ,but in all of the
rifles I tried it in I could never count on it being predictable round to round.

I use 7828, H-50BMG and H869 in all of my overbore cartriges and have always found
a great load with one of these powders.

Also primers can be a big contributor to this problem so you might try a cooler primer than
the 215s (any of the 91/2s).

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.