Pre-fits…what’s the verdict?

I've got 2 proof pre-chambered barrels for origin actions. First is a 6.5 prc. It worked on the headspace gauges, was easy to tune, and accurate. However it's relatively slow, and ADG brass needs trimmed after 2 firings, not sure how long it's going to last. Probably need to send it to barehanded lineman, but it shoots and I don't like messing with rifles that shoot. I can (currently) buy more brass. Have a 300 prc (same barrel) I'm building now, waiting for bottom metal fingers crossed.

I've had two prefits and they've been great. Deep South Tactical chambered a Bartlein carbon for my Terminus Zeus. Blue Mountain Precision chambered a Bartlein for my Zermatt TL3. Both headspaced correctly, shoot very well, and have caused no hiccups.

Preferred Barrel Blanks Pre-Fit work great, the two I purchased in 6.5 PRC and 6 Creed in a 750 Taperless are very accurate and headspace perfect. The PRC is shooting clover leaf three shot groups with factory ammo, Hornady 143gr ELDX. I have not worked with the 6 Creed to see what it will do, but expect it to be the same way.

Preferred Barrel Blanks Pre-Fit work great, the two I purchased in 6.5 PRC and 6 Creed in a 750 Taperless are very accurate and headspace perfect. The PRC is shooting clover leaf three shot groups with factory ammo, Hornady 143gr ELDX. I have not worked with the 6 Creed to see what it will do, but expect it to be the same way.
Good to know. How did you like the weight of that barrel profile?

I've had several different experiences with prefit barrels. A couple have spun on, headspaced properly and shot well. One was chambered too shallow and needed to be sent back for correction. Another is a really tight chamber which limits my oal, but it shoots lights out. Another is a long chamber with a lot of jump for my bullet choice. None of these were intended to be 1000 yard guns (although a couple turned out to be), so this was the "easy button" to piece them together on a budget and I went into it with those expectations. If you want to guarantee the best performance, have a blank chambered for your projectile. If you're willing to settle or adapt if necessary, try a prefit.

Good to know. How did you like the weight of that barrel profile?
I liked it fine, I did not weigh the barrel by itself, it is diamond fluted and with a Kelbly Atlas Tactical SA, AG Composite Carbon Adjustable Armor stock, Hawkins M5 Obendorf Bottom Metal and a Heavy Arken SHJ 6-24x50 the total weight of the rifle is 10.8lbs

I've gotten prefits for a Sako TRG when I had it. I've used multiple Remage (not true "prefit" as the headspace is nut set). Also, I ran through a couple barrels on Ruger RPR (again not full prefit). I have gotten the same level of accuracy from most of these barrels as I have from full custom chambered barrels. I did have two barrels that were messed up by a smith for RPR. They ended up with a chamber that made the shoulder of the case look like a record. That was not the fault of being a prefit. The smith sent me two new barrels.

At this point, I'm only buying prefits of some sort.

It's not all the prefit barrels out of saami spec. Some actions are out on what they are guaranteeing also. Ive had multiple actions particularily one make that is consistently out by 0.001" to 0.002" off their guaranteed headspace measurement. Don't ask. Not mentioning them.

I wont name the barrels since it wasnt their fault. And dont remember who the chambering was done by. But no actions are perfect and measure the same. Too many variances. Why defiance doesn't show tennon prints. But yes wouldnt close on saami brass for the guy. Others brass was growing longer then saami which lead too inspecting why.
I've had 3 guys come to me in the last two months exact same problem.