Prayer request for my sister ...

... so she is enveloped by God's love and peace. She is my last sibling; my sister is an angel, and I love her so much.

I had an hour-long phone meeting with my sister's Palliative Care Team yesterday AM. Her heart is failing and is getting worse. Even a heart transplant will be risky because her body is too weak for the invasive surgery. Tonight, the doctor on duty said she cannot take food and medicine orally through her mouth via a tube, and there is a risk of aspiration. They are going to try via her nose, if I understand correctly.

I had a quick video chat with my sister last night. She is unable to speak but coherent enough to give 🫶 her sign, blew a kiss, and thumbs up. We are flying out to CA today. But I told my brother-in-law if he has to make the hard decision before we get there, he needs to let her go. I do not want her to go through any more suffering. She has been in the ICU (two hospitals) with 6+ cardiac arrests in the last week and a half. I think she is at peace with God's decision for her.

Thanks!

V/R
Ed
... so she is enveloped by God's love and peace. She is my last sibling; my sister is an angel, and I love her so much.

I had an hour-long phone meeting with my sister's Palliative Care Team yesterday AM. Her heart is failing and is getting worse. Even a heart transplant will be risky because her body is too weak for the invasive surgery. Tonight, the doctor on duty said she cannot take food and medicine orally through her mouth via a tube, and there is a risk of aspiration. They are going to try via her nose, if I understand correctly.

I had a quick video chat with my sister last night. She is unable to speak but coherent enough to give 🫶 her sign, blew a kiss, and thumbs up. We are flying out to CA today. But I told my brother-in-law if he has to make the hard decision before we get there, he needs to let her go. I do not want her to go through any more suffering. She has been in the ICU (two hospitals) with 6+ cardiac arrests in the last week and a half. I think she is at peace with God's decision for her.

Thanks!

V/R
Ed
Hey Feenix i have a bunch of prayer warriors here in Florida I'll send this to them right now! I will pray for your sister and family also re member this God's still in charge . No matter what the Devil says. Tribb

Thanks!

V/R
Ed
You prayed for me when my son died. I thank you for that and will do the same for you. Hang in there.

As of 1700 PST today, my dear sister went to heaven. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

V/R
Ed
Ed, Peace be with you and yours.
"Amid my tears, O Lord, I praise You that You have received Dinah to Yourself in glory for all eternity. I thank You that You have brought her to the knowledge of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. Comfort all who mourn with the glorious hope of the resurrection and life eternal. Grant us grace to say with a believing heart, "Thy will be done," and to know that Your will is a good and gracious will, even in the present hour. Comfort us through Your Gospel, which promises strength and help to the troubled and weary. O Lord, forsake us not in this hour. Prepare me through Your Word and Sacrament for that day when You will call me to Yourself, that I may joyfully join the whole company of heaven to live with You forever; for Jesus' sake I ask it. Amen. (156)"
Excerpt From
Lutheran Book of Prayer