A prayer request for my nephew

Ed, my heart is with you, your nephew, and your families in this. Cancer is something we have first-hand experience with, and the word carries an ominous shadow - a shadow filled with fear, pain, and desperate helplessness. It is comforting to know that God is sovereign and able to deliver - and to be able to rest in His will and purposes in and for our lives. When He calls one of His children to walk through the valley of the shadow of death, He has promised to walk with us, protect us, and to comfort us. Regardless of the outcome, we know that He has some redeeming purpose in it all. When we can respond in faith to the trials of life, His name is lifted up. These experiences of life bring us together in our common humanity regardless of our diversity of station and have a way of crystalizing our priorities. My prayers are with you all. 🙏

My nephew had stomach surgery to remove cancer cells last year, about a month before my oncologist removed cancer cells from my liver. He went through a series of chemotherapies, and in May, he went stage 4. I just talked to him this evening, and his doctor informed him that the bilirubin level in his liver is too high and that chemotherapy will no longer help him because his cancer is extremely aggressive. Clinical trials won't even accept him at this stage. So his doctor will soon be placing him in hospice care, focusing mainly on pain management and comfort in his home.

He seems at peace with himself and is ready for what the Lord has planned for him. He is only 52 years old, and we were all hoping for a miracle to be with us a little longer.

Thank you all.

Ed
Everyone just keep praying 🙏!!!!!!

My nephew had stomach surgery to remove cancer cells last year, about a month before my oncologist removed cancer cells from my liver. He went through a series of chemotherapies, and in May, he went stage 4. I just talked to him this evening, and his doctor informed him that the bilirubin level in his liver is too high and that chemotherapy will no longer help him because his cancer is extremely aggressive. Clinical trials won't even accept him at this stage. So his doctor will soon be placing him in hospice care, focusing mainly on pain management and comfort in his home.

He seems at peace with himself and is ready for what the Lord has planned for him. He is only 52 years old, and we were all hoping for a miracle to be with us a little longer.

Thank you all.

Ed
The most precious gift you can give your nephew now is to read to him the very best promises of the Gospel. Ask his pastor to bring him the Lord's Supper while he can still receive it. These gifts that strengthen faith and grant courage are the most needed things for him now. They always are, but now he needs them more and may appreciate them more.

The most precious gift you can give your nephew now is to read to him the very best promises of the Gospel. Ask his pastor to bring him the Lord's Supper while he can still receive it. These gifts that strengthen faith and grant courage are the most needed things for him now. They always are, but now he needs them more and may appreciate them more.
I appreciate that, see #51,

Ed, my heart is with you, your nephew, and your families in this. Cancer is something we have first-hand experience with, and the word carries an ominous shadow - a shadow filled with fear, pain, and desperate helplessness. It is comforting to know that God is sovereign and able to deliver - and to be able to rest in His will and purposes in and for our lives. When He calls one of His children to walk through the valley of the shadow of death, He has promised to walk with us, protect us, and to comfort us. Regardless of the outcome, we know that He has some redeeming purpose in it all. When we can respond in faith to the trials of life, His name is lifted up. These experiences of life bring us together in our common humanity regardless of our diversity of station and have a way of crystalizing our priorities. My prayers are with you all. 🙏
I'm sorry, I missed the report of his passing. The pain is very deep, I know. Your faith in his heavenly abode will give you strength and peace to go on. God be with you all.