Powder prices

Greed knows no bounds!

Note that for decades reloaders chortled over the fact that it was cheaper to reload than to buy factory ammunition. Now this has come back in spades to punish us. But like a perfect storm, the wars taking place around the globe serve to diminish the supply of both ammunition and components. The U.S. has also been subjected to the liberals running the EPA which has chosen to close lead and copper mines, further creating less supplies for manufacturing. Now we buy from foreign countries, paying their markup.

We have created our own demon.

:mad:

Greed knows no bounds!

Note that for decades reloaders chortled over the fact that it was cheaper to reload than to buy factory ammunition. Now this has come back in spades to punish us. But like a perfect storm, the wars taking place around the globe serve to diminish the supply of both ammunition and components. The U.S. has also been subjected to the liberals running the EPA which has chosen to close lead and copper mines, further creating less supplies for manufacturing. Now we buy from foreign countries, paying their markup.

We have created our own demon.

:mad:
Well EVERYTHING has gone up in price- bread, milk, coffee, cars, houses, fuel etc, etc, etc. It's called inflation, and the reasons right or wrong don't change the bottom line. You can either pay, don't pay and/or complain and blame.

I don't think of inflation in terms of prices going up, I think of it in terms of the purchasing power of the dollar going down.

I think (depending upon how much one shoots) reloading is still a money saver but no where near what it used to be. With powder here at $54.00/lb. I'm loading .25-06 at a start up cost of $1.50/ea. After that, the brass is not a recurring cost (for a while) and that becomes a dollar a round. An average box of decent .25-06 factory stuff is 35 bucks. So for a while, I save $15.00 every 20 rounds I load. That means that every 20 rounds, I'll be able to buy a gallon of gas if Biden stays in office.

Not sure how many of you saw the bulletin issued by Vista back in December, but here you go..šŸ˜

IMG_3580.jpeg

It's simply the early stages of them suppressing "us", going to get worse.
I may be foolish for collecting components at these prices, but I really don't see much of an improvement ahead.
Too many changes in the industry and our nation's leadership for me to have any optimism right now.
These backwards *** thinking politicians have legions of buffoons supporting them, and mostly because they believe anything they are told.
Not what they see for themselves, concerning other nation's failures, but what they are told. Free sounds awfully good to a society that doesn't care to earn or contribute to begin with.

Last edited:
Not sure how many of you saw the bulletin issued by Vista back in December, but here you go..šŸ˜

View attachment 531778
This is consistent with what I heard at my LGS. I am guilty as charged in doing some panic buying over the past 6 weeks for this reason. But if it keeps me handloading for another decade or so, I'm not gonna sweat paying more for some of this stuff. Powder at 54.00/lb. Is though to swallow but a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

Well EVERYTHING has gone up in price- bread, milk, coffee, cars, houses, fuel etc, etc, etc. It's called inflation, and the reasons right or wrong don't change the bottom line. You can either pay, don't pay and/or complain and blame.
You're exactly right. If everyone could band together and not pay the prices in any of these areas they would come down but that will never happen. What it does is makes me charge more for my services to still maintain my lifestyle.