Powder prices

Thankfully, I only needed today's powder purchase……pretty much set for life. Though, a few thousand more standard large rifle & pistol primers wouldn't hurt.

Those standard LR's work real good for cast bullet rifle loads, from the smaller cartridges through the largest we have! There won't be much long distance shooting, but under 200 yards are very effective! memtb

I am guilty as charged in doing some panic buying over the past 6 weeks for this reason. But if it keeps me handloading for another decade or so, I'm not gonna sweat paying more for some of this stuff. Powder at 54.00/lb. Is though to swallow but a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.
Yep, over the last several weeks I was fortunate enough to be able to score 8 lbs of H4895 from @driftersgear ….had to pay shipping and HazMat twice (2 separate orders), but it is what it is. Who knows how long it will be before we see that powder and many others become readily availabe?!? That was my LAST purchase for a long while I'm afraid. 😐

You're exactly right. If everyone could band together and not pay the prices in any of these areas they would come down but that will never happen. What it does is makes me charge more for my services to still maintain my lifestyle.
That is exactly what is happening, and is normal. Freight costs are elevated and have been for a few years. Things like the Suez Canal slowing down bc of the Houthis increases cost. Manufacturers have to raise prices because their input costs are going up. Labor has been a mess and drives costs up for companies. Other things are higher as well. Either profits go down or prices go up.

I am not sure why greed is the first word out of so many people's mouths with these discussions. Why should Joe, who I replied to, live with less profit? He shouldn't, so he raises prices. Companies are doing the same thing and people see it as a conspiracy or the embodiment of greed.

Last edited:
I personally believe that the biggest problem is everything is owned by too few players and no real competition. For example just look at what happened with Blackthorn 209. No competition and in return the bottle volume decreases and prices more than double. Its greed plain and simple.

If you are in an honest business to make money, you ought to make money. I really don't gripe about prices much, as long as I get a quality service and the respect I deserve as a customer from a vendor. Sure, I'll ask for reasonable discounts but it's up to me if I want to buy it. The problem comes with manipulation coupled with a debased dollar and wages that don't keep pace. Our monetary system is based on fraud. There's no restraint and we decoupled from that restraint in 1971. Now, we borrow money into existence and wonder why we can't afford anything. Problem is, we still have to operate in their system and that's exactly where they want us.

A pound of powder is worth what a pond of powder always was. We just have to use their debased funny money to buy it and everything else. Can you believe that in the 50's a man could have a new house, a wife that stayed home and 2 cars in the driveway on $6,200/year? Amazing.

I hope all the individuals with an ID10T form ( ID10T is code for idiot lol) vote different this time come November….we don't need 4 more years of this economy. Hate to be political but ol Joe and his handlers is the by far the worst thing for this country and the dollar. Inflation breeds greed as well and it's hard to reverse the trend.

I hope all the individuals with an ID10T form ( ID10T is code for idiot lol) vote different this time come November….we don't need 4 more years of this economy. Hate to be political but ol Joe and his handlers is the by far the worst thing for this country and the dollar. Inflation breeds greed as well and it's hard to reverse the trend.

If insane inflation the only gift the US had received from this administration ……I could overlook the inflation and be a happy camper! memtb

Thankfully, I only needed today's powder purchase……pretty much set for life. Though, a few thousand more standard large rifle & pistol primers wouldn't hurt.
and then it turns into, man thats a deal on that powder....a few more pounds might be smart. and so the cycle continues ;)