Powder for the 308 ?

appreciate all the kind replies...Today I found a super accurate load using imr 4064 with the sierra 168 gr SMK at 100 yards from the bench I put 5 in 1/2...But I want to try this load over again just to be sure...Then I suppose it will be tough to get more of those bullets...john
Let me guess, 42.2 gr. IMR-4064? Shoots good from mine. ..........SEMPER FI!

Surprised no one mentioned Win.-748. Meters as well as it shoots 168-175 gr. SMK's. Getting 1/4 and smaller @ 100 yds. Rem. 700 Varmit barrel 24". .........SEMPER FI!

Yes you are correct..I huseit in the past with good results,but it does not seem to work as well with my 30 inch barrel..John

Surprised no one mentioned Win.-748. Meters as well as it shoots 168-175 gr. SMK's. Getting 1/4 and smaller @ 100 yds. Rem. 700 Varmit barrel 24". .........SEMPER FI!

hi its nick, yes there are many powders out there, i only use the viht powder as my shooting mate and rifle club usually recommend certain all rounder powders i notice viht 540 is a double base ? i think this is the fraze , this powder is more involved in wearing the barrel out.

If this is wrong then please correct me, i just cannot remember the correct wording.lightbulb
as to bullet weight at the time i was advised to try scenar 155 heads, i have fired over 2000 from my rifle i am happy with the results. @ 100 yards i can on a good day
make cluster leaf groupings.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts