Powder Choices for 300 RUM

I havent got to the Rl-33 yet for testing ..
Some say its dirty and few have said some problems with the temp .
Most guys I have talked to have no problems . I typically dont hunt or shoot in high temps ...85 ° to 95° .
Time will tell with this new Rifle .

Rum Man

I shoot the 230 gr. Bergers in my 300 RUM. RL33 gave me an additional 75 fps in a 26" barrel over Retumbo. It is supposed to be temp sensitive and I have noticed an erratic jump in velocity above 75 degrees, so I avoid shooting in warm weather (somewhat limiting in AZ). Haven't noticed it to be a "dirty" powder, but doesn't run quite as clean as Retumbo.

You can keep an eye out for imr7828ssc, U.S.869, far less popular than H1000 and most any Reloader products, but the 7828 has been REAL accurate for me in .338 when I can't get the others....

Not trying to start anything, I just don't appreciate being blown off, if you don't want my business just say that.

Is your contact info still [email protected] or 208-610-4442? Because it was 100% not for lack of trying on my behalf to get things moving.
Well you kind of are starting something when you say a sight sponsor and long time supporter of this forum is being a A-HOLE without actually having a legitimate reason for it! I dont appreciate being called an A-HOLE!!

my contact info is the same, haven't changed it. And I'm going to stand by my statement from before, I'd never turn down an opportunity to build a 300 RUM !!

8133 works well in the RUM as well. 570 is great but Retumbo is my all time favorite for this caliber. I use RE 33 in my two 28Ns but that stuff is really hard to come by. I use H1000 in my Edge; seems to be the "go to" powder for that but I haven't tried it in a 300 RUM. H1000 is becoming more and more available.

I have had great luck with RL-25, but that was not with the bigger pill. I finally found some again at my local hardware store of all places.
I've used a pile of RL 25 over the years in my 243 AI. Good stuff, seems a little fast for a RUM

I've been using us869 the last few years. Works well. A little dirty no problem for me just thought I'd share. Loving my RUM it is my all time go to caliper. Ok so it's my favorite , there I said it , I feel better now.

rl33 is my favorite so far, ive tried n570, 8133, retumbo, and h1000, magnum i love with 176 atips and im playing with lrt as we speak. i got lucky and found 4lbs of rl33 on a shelf in maine along with a bunch of others so i flew it home lol to florida