Powder choice for 25-06

Did you see any pressure, they should be running faster than that
If I recall, Tikka's have 22" barrels in 25-06. Not sure how much it matters in the real world but I was always "told" that the 25-06 needs at least 24" barrel to shine, so could explain some lack of velocity. Also, I'm not sure you could put enough 4955 in the case to cause pressure issues with that bullet in the 25-06.

If I recall, Tikka's have 22" barrels in 25-06. Not sure how much it matters in the real world but I was always "told" that the 25-06 needs at least 24" barrel to shine, so could explain some lack of velocity. Also, I'm not sure you could put enough 4955 in the case to cause pressure issues with that bullet in the 25-06.
The barrel length plays a small role but if you can't get enough 4955 it it to see pressure a faster powder is in line

I looked back at my notes now. I have had 3500+ with the same loads. No pressure signs that I noted. I was happy with my groups. Still learning my chrono, so I am still building confidence in the chrono. What velocities would you expect?
Ok, I thought there was some speed left on the table but as long as you are happy with it is all that matters

Ok, I thought there was some speed left on the table but as long as you are happy with it is all that matters
I actually ran out of time and components last Fall to explore higher speeds. I needed a backup, accurate and precise rifle to leave for my wife for blacktail season while I went to eastern OR to chase muleys. I may revisit this load in the future. Did you state what top speed you would expect for the Absolutes?

I actually ran out of time and components last Fall to explore higher speeds. I needed a backup, accurate and precise rifle to leave for my wife for blacktail season while I went to eastern OR to chase muleys. I may revisit this load in the future. Did you state what top speed you would expect for the Absolutes?
I'm running 3660 in mine with absolutes and 4451 which is a faster burn rate than 4955. I still had room in the tank for 3700.